Why doesn't my start screen background image cover all the columns of tiles?

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Start screen background image doesn't cover all the columns of tiles

Hi all,

A proud owner of Lumia 830. I have an issue, though. The start screen background doesn't show the photo covering all the columns of tiles. Only the first and second columns show the image in the background. The third column just displays either black or while (the background color that we select in start+theme). No, I am not talking about the background bleeding the entire screen :), which I know is a Win 10 feature. This is the standard Windows 8.1 OS version: 8.10.14234.375; Firmware rev number: 02040.00021.15063.02002

BTW, the start+theme settings panel doesn't the Show more Tiles section at all. I am not sure both the issues are related.

I did a soft reset, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Best,
Ram

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Start screen background image doesn't cover all the columns of tiles

Hi all,

A proud owner of Lumia 830. I have an issue, though. The start screen background doesn't show the photo covering all the columns of tiles. Only the first and second columns show the image in the background. The third column just displays either black or while (the background color that we select in start+theme). No, I am not talking about the background bleeding the entire screen :), which I know is a Win 10 feature. This is the standard Windows 8.1 OS version: 8.10.14234.375; Firmware rev number: 02040.00021.15063.02002

BTW, the start+theme settings panel doesn't the Show more Tiles section at all. I am not sure both the issues are related.

I did a soft reset, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Best,
Ram

show more tiles is only for wp8 phones updated to 8.1 such as 720,820,520,620 etc.restart the phone and set a wallpaper equal to the resolution of your phone

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Hi jontyfernz,

I didn't know that devices that come with 8.1 by default do not have the Show more Tiles option. Thanks for the information. However, the issue with the background image not covering the all the tiles persists. I took a few photos and set them as background like I do in my 520, which didn't work. .Let me try with a wallpaper app and downloaded images with 830's resolution.

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Ram

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi jontyfernz,

I didn't know that devices that come with 8.1 by default do not have the Show more Tiles option. Thanks for the information. However, the issue with the background image not covering the all the tiles persists. I took a few photos and set them as background like I do in my 520, which didn't work. .Let me try with a wallpaper app and downloaded images with 830's resolution.

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Ram

I beg to differ. It is not the OS that limits this feature, but rather the screen size. Phones that do not exceed a certain screen resolution do not have this feature. You may refer to this page for more information as to which features are available for your phone. Looks like Show More Tiles is not available for the L830 at this moment.

Could you share with us a screenshot of your phone?:cool:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Above a certain screen resolution and OS version, extra tiles column has become the default and is now not a toggle on some models.

In Settings > start + theme > set as background > choose photo > it should allow you to scale a picture via pinch to zoom and show a guide for how it fits the screen...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA143602&token=gSYZZjF6

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks guys for all the informative insights. I found out that the culprit was the restore I did from my 520 when I set up the 830 the first time. Apparently everything was perfect except the live tiles which still lived in 520's resolution. I moved the tiles manually to the areas that didn't display the background image and lo the background image covered those areas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro