Internet Sharing on lumia 830

Vickg818

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone I just got my Lumia 830 & I need help. I loved my 1520 but because of the size & weight I decided to get the 830 and use the 1520 as a secondary phone. I was able to get everything to work except internet sharing. My 830 is the ATT model but I unlocked it and I'm using it on T-Mobile. I even changed the apn to fast.t-mobile.com but couldn't get internet sharing to work. I also installed the access point but still no luck. Thank you for advance for all your help & input.

Vickg818

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 830 Internet Sharing

I was able to get internet sharing to work here is how you do it. Download a app called Phone System Updater and run it. The 1st item in the program is access point click on it and install it. Now go back & look for another program called sim Application. Click on sim applications & press install. That's it now you have internet sharing & you don't need to update the internet or mms APN.

madeinpda

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 830 Internet Sharing

I was able to get internet sharing to work here is how you do it. Download a app called Phone System Updater and run it. The 1st item in the program is access point click on it and install it. Now go back & look for another program called sim Application. Click on sim applications & press install. That's it now you have internet sharing & you don't need to update the internet or mms APN.

That app is a must, it saved my 620 from hard reset 3-4 times and now on 830 I have needed it a couple of times.

Sometimes some parts of the phone get stuck in an old version and things stop working. THIS is something that the phone should do itself on the right way...

Matej25

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have 830 and using 4g.
Check: All settings > cellular+SIM > Highest connection speed and change it to 4G (mine was initially set to 3G only).
wp_ss_20160115_0001.png

mskoch123

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
So glad I found this thread. I was hoping to use my AT&T Lumia 640 as a hotspot when I travel overseas. Not sure if it will work but this gives me hope.

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I have att unlocked 640 which i am using with h2o(att network) and internet sharing doesn't work it . However, when I use same sim with samsung grand prime (global version, no carrier brand), internet sharing is working fine. I will be traveling next month and i want to use 640 for internet sharing. Anybody has experienced any problem in internet sharing with att 640 (unlocked)?

mskoch123

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have not been able to get Internet sharing to work in my Lumia 640. The app referenced in earlier post is no longer usable in the store and from what I read, would not work in Windows 8.1. I tried other methods (using a Freedompop GSM sim) such as changing language/region settings but none of those work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro