How much does it cost to fix a Lumia 830 display screen?

Hitesh85

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Display Issue

Hi,

I've dropped my lumia 830 last day accidently. There is no damages on display and screen.. they are just perfect.. only the glass has just unglued from upper corners.. my question is how much does it cost me? will they replace to new screen or just glue it up for free (my mobile is still in warrenty period)?

Thank you.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Display Issue

Take it to a service center and let them fix the screen for you. Since your phone is still under warranty, there should be no fees... as long as they wouldn't find out that the phone has been dropped. Dropping the phone is usually not covered by device warranties. This means that there should be no scratches, dents or similar impact-related deformations all around your device.

Welcome to Windows Central, by the way!

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Hello. I had the same situation, it is a manufacturing bug. My phone is at the service center waiting for the screen replacement under warranty terms.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

If you have dropped it - yes, it is possible. In my case it was slightly unglued out of the box.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

It shouldn't pop out.

That said, it's not glued, it's adhered with two-sided tape. It would be pretty hard to put tape only in that spot, and redo it. You may be able to push it back down yourself, but there is some risk in that.

You might be able to get some relief, because the screen was clearly not well adhered. I might leave out the drop story, but even with that, the tape underneath must not have been stuck down well.

Hitesh85

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I went to Microsoft service centre.. They identified that mobile has been dropped but there is minor problem so they fixed it for free in just 2 minutes..

Always love Microsoft..:wink:

Thanks..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

That's good news, that they fixed it for free even if they knew that it was dropped... and in just 2 minutes! I wish they'd be that fast where I live.:cool:

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I went to Microsoft service centre.. They identified that mobile has been dropped but there is minor problem so they fixed it for free in just 2 minutes..

Always love Microsoft..:wink:

Thanks..
That's interesting. I cracked the screen on mine. I wonder if they'll fix it for me at the Microsoft store even if I have to pay something. But you're talking service center and not the actual Microsoft store right?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting. I cracked the screen on mine. I wonder if they'll fix it for me at the Microsoft store even if I have to pay something. But you're talking service center and not the actual Microsoft store right?

I think that fixing a cracked screen is much more involved than popping one back into place. I will be interested to hear if they'll do it though.

Awhile back, there were some posts here about a warranty you could buy from the MS store, for like $90, that would cover your phone. Then, you could come back in 5 minutes later, and they'd replace the screen under the new warranty.

I don't remember all of the details, but that might be a cheaper way to get it fixed.

I doubt an MS store would change just the outer glass. If anything, they'd replace the whole assembly, which is going to be pretty expensive.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

The whole frame is changed at Nokia Care. Just got my phone back. My was under the warranty. The new screen costs 180 EUR here. Because the whole assembly is changed. No way to change screen or outer glass only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon