Lost LTE and Cellular Data

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Had this buried in another thread, so I thought I'd break it out and maybe get some help from some of you good folks.

I was sitting in the car, waiting for my daughter inside a business. I was surfing, checking ebay, answered a thread on here via Explorer - all good. At the time, the phone indicated that I had LTE.

I set it down for awhile, and when I picked it up back up I had 4G. Ok, fine. But, I lost data connectivity. I can get and send text messages, but no internet connectivity through cellular.

I looked at APN settings, and it say nxtgenphone under APN. I tried to enter a manual one, but it would not let me clear the PAP security field.

Soft reset didn't do anything. I'm hoping there's something short of a hard reset I can do to get it back.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.

Just tested it - no MMS either.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Full factory reset - no joy. I suppose I'll go by the AT&T store tomorrow to check and see if a new sim card will do it. If not, I suppose it's off to warranty land.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Solved: it seems that, when I switched over to this phone, AT&T's records were never updated to show this IMEI on my account. So, with an IMEI mismatch, data stopped working. They updated their records include the IMEI from this phone, and everything works again.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, at least the folks at the local ATT store were helpful, and a trip over there was much better than a warranty return to MS.

One good thing came from it - right before I left, I got an offer on a phone I had for sale, but I didn't know it. I would have accepted the offer. But, while I was gone, it sold for buy it now price, which was about 20% higher than the offer. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3