How do I stop constant reboots on 830 with WhatsApp?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Constant Reboots on 830 with WhatsApp

Had a strange one today, I installed WhatsApp on my 830, but when I closed the app my phone went into a constant reboot sequence. It kept getting to the Windows logo and then rebooting...

Soft Reset & Pulling the battery didn't fix the reboots, so was forced to Hard Reset (which royally pi$$ed me off!).

All is fine again, but anyone else have issues with WhatsApp on the 830?

As a side note, over the last week I have had random reboots, including a time when I wasn't touching the phone, nor used it in an hour, but just rebooted right in front of me. Maybe it was one reboot too many??

If I get another reboot I'll be calling MS for an exchange...

G.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Constant Reboots on 830 with WhatsApp

Did you try signing out of WhatsApp, uninstalling it, soft reset to clear cache and then reinstall and sign in again ? That prolly would have worked

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Constant Reboots on 830 with WhatsApp

Yeah call MS and get an exchange if hard reset doesn't solve it. I had similar issues and MS exchanged it under warranty.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

My phone has started un-commanded reboots again, so I'll be contacting Microsoft UK Store for a replacement...

Thanks again.

G.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
As per MS's suggestion of using Recovery Tool, it still didn't work, and the reboots increasing in number per day...

UPS collected my phone on Friday, so hopefully I'll get it back within a week.
Don't know what to do without a phone, I feel naked!

G.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss