How many of you LOVE the 830

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia 830. It surely has minor issues, but then which phone is perfect. People even have issues with Iphone 6, Nexus 6 or Galaxy S6.
For the price which we paid, we got many features. I particularly like Camera, SensorCore (steps counter), Glance screen and HERE Maps. Phone size is perfect for my usage.

I am big fan of Nokia, and I felt very sad when I had to sell my Nokia N95. So now I will never sell my Lumia 830 which may be last phone to have NOKIA name on it :)

franix007

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Well it is not a bad choise for the price with good battery life and camera. But the back cover is flimsy and make noise. Besides it is very slow particulary the never ending screen "Resuming" and crashes when you try to switch back to an app.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
ME, bought one, had a issue with the light leak, got a second and it's freakin' perfect. I mean it's a really nice device to use, hold, and after a month, I still pull it out of my pocket just to see glance. This is the device that finally lured me away from android. I LOVE it. Of course I can't wait to see what the new devices are, but this phone is really nice.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just get it and ad the flipcase, nobody really points out how much it ads to the phone. The backpart is more sturdy(a mm thicker too) and almost Impossible to get off. Its amazing. 735 and 830 are the best nokia ever did. Just dont update to gdr2. It messes with the perfectness.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I loved my 830. Went to the lumia 640xl recently and you can immediately tell the difference in build quality (I do not understand those complaining about the 830's build quality, although I rarely see that complaint). I got it for a good price however, so I can't say whether the value was worth it, although i absolutely agree the $450 USD asking price is way too high.

you can get unlocked one for 239 USD at Nokia Lumia 830 Smartphone RM-984 (Unlocked, Black) #A00020755 - Expansys USA

subliminal ray

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I would have loved the 830 if it weren't for the disappointing build quality. I had bought one, as did a friend of mine (in a different shop). We both returned our devices because light was leaking between the glass and the metal frame where the Back, Start, and Search buttons are. It was pretty annoying when in darker lit rooms. We both compared them to the demo models they had in the store and they all had the same problem. I ended up getting the 930. My friend bought the 640 about a week ago.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
but it was SO AMAZING to me, because yesterday on eBay I saw a Lumia 830 ( RM-985 so LTE in the U.S) sell for $165... It came with the original box, was in great condition, was fully functional and even included a white back along with the orange one already on it... Really wish I could've bought it

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
yes loving it , very similar to my 930 i gotta rid one and i think im opting on keeping this slimmer model ,holding it really feels quite different ,im just afraid ill drop it :-(

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Keep a lookout on E-Bay, I bought one for, wait for it, $129, ATT version MINT. Yep, I couldn't believe it either. Really still can't to this day.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
but it was SO AMAZING to me, because yesterday on eBay I saw a Lumia 830 ( RM-985 so LTE in the U.S) sell for $165... It came with the original box, was in great condition, was fully functional and even included a white back along with the orange one already on it... Really wish I could've bought it
I bought 3 on ebay - all around the $200-230 range. The price seems to fluctuate from time to time. When the first W10 preview launched and the 830 was one of the few models that supported it, you couldn't find one for under $300. After a few weeks they dropped.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just purchased an 830 on EBay today for about $200. I have a 920 but no AT&T LTE, expandable storage, or removable battery. It should be here by Friday.
I've been switching between Blackberry and Android and really want to settle on WP.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Great decision :wink:

I think so. Blackberry is converting to a software company mostly. I like their os but being late to the game has really hurt them. And the Crackberry community is, well, I wont go there.
I like Android but the latest few updates have done more harm than good. The battery on my Nexus 5, which used to last all day, lasts half as much now. Poor implementation.
I like the way Windows Phone is heading and how the applications I use for work are also available on mobile. The 830 seems similar in size to my Nexus 5 plus has the removable battery and sd card. I hope they continue in the direction of providing decent phones for a decent price when the trend seems to be specs and high prices (Samsung and Apple).

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
An update was just installed on my Lumia 830. I thought it was the Update 2. But it wasn't :(

No information about the update was given. Was just cited as a critical update. I've no clue what was the update for. Anyone getting the same update? Also no noticeable changes.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
An update was just installed on my Lumia 830. I thought it was the Update 2. But it wasn't :(

No information about the update was given. Was just cited as a critical update. I've no clue what was the update for. Anyone getting the same update? Also no noticeable changes.

Update fixes a critical issue that may cause your device to periodically reboot

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine today. Looks nice so far. While I understand some are frustrated with the lack of a proper update, I will enjoy playing with my new toy! 😍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon