Is there a stable build for W10 on the 830 yet?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the latest OS build 10586.11 is stable on the 830, good enough to be used as a daily driver. I have been using it on mine since it was released and everything has been alright so far. I did downgrade to 8.1 and then updated directly to WM10 followed by a hard reset.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
10586.11 was OK (not great) initially on my 830 but after a couple of weeks performance began to degrade, all aspects of the phone (including some apps) became slow/laggy along with screen going blank (not freezing) which required a restart to rectify (reverted to W8.1 after the third incident of latter), so going by my experience and reads I'd say it is far from stable and as with anything, your mileage will vary ;).

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the latest OS build 10586.11 is stable on the 830, good enough to be used as a daily driver. I have been using it on mine since it was released and everything has been alright so far. I did downgrade to 8.1 and then updated directly to WM10 followed by a hard reset.

Are you on slow or fast ring? Just curious.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
The latest build is fairly stable on my 830 and runs pretty well. However, I do see some degradation creeping in now. Apparently they haven't totally nailed that down yet. Of course, there are still the other issues mentioned elsewhere to deal with.

I still feel it's going to be 3-6 months before this OS is at a comparable level of "fit-and-finish" to the current 8.1. This morning, I started considering a roll back to 8.1.

Just my two cents...

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have it on mine. It runs mostly okay; not as smooth as 8.1 Denim. My biggest gripe is the Messaging app. It's clunky. It's probably the worst part of the OS. Often it will take 1-2 minutes to send a text message, which is HIGHLY frustrating. Especially if you're in the middle of a conversation. This happens way too often.

I like the OS and the new features/designs so I'm sticking with it, but the Messaging problem gives me second thought sometimes.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My biggest gripe is the Messaging app. It's clunky. It's probably the worst part of the OS. Often it will take 1-2 minutes to send a text message, which is HIGHLY frustrating. Especially if you're in the middle of a conversation. This happens way too often.

Try logging out of Skype Messaging, it does help.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I haven't been logged into Skype.

I have the same problem. I'm not logged into Skype but I'm still getting Skype chat messages in my Messaging app, and I can find no way to disable it. I muted the conversation in the Messaging app so at least my text alert sound doesn't go off with every reply now, but it's still annoying.

Also the Messaging app isn't picking up my contacts properly, so even if I send a text to a named contact when they reply it begins a new conversation with just their phone number listed, as if they aren't a contact. It's both odd and incredibly annoying.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I'm not logged into Skype but I'm still getting Skype chat messages in my Messaging app

That's interesting, I have logged out of mine and I am not getting any Skype IMs any more. Just to make sure you're doing to correctly, go to Skype Video >> click on the three dots (...) on the bottom right and go to Settings >> beneath your profile pic select Sign Out and select the Sign Out option from the prompt.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It's annoying but I found a way to deal with this. You have to complete the skype setup first, THEN logout. If you opt out of the setup the first time, it will still merge the skype conversations. If you do the full setup, THEN logout, it stops and removes all skype convos from the message list. I've had it work every time across devices with no issues, and just use the standard Skype app.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
It's annoying but I found a way to deal with this. You have to complete the skype setup first, THEN logout. If you opt out of the setup the first time, it will still merge the skype conversations. If you do the full setup, THEN logout, it stops and removes all skype convos from the message list. I've had it work every time across devices with no issues, and just use the standard Skype app.

So you have to let it go through the "Find friends on Skype" and "Let people who already have my phone number discover me over Skype" processes before it will let you sign out? I clicked "Do this later" for both of those because frankly I just don't want Skype to do either one.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
That's what I did, and nothing, for me, really comes of letting it do those things. Then once that's done, go into skype settings and sign out. I haven't had any problems since, and Messaging doesn't obliterate my battery anymore. Only Groove does now lol.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm running 10586.29 as of right now (updated from 8.1 Update 2) and I must say that I am shocked at how fast the phone is. My last Windows 10 Mobile experiment was with a much older build and it was practically unusable - slow, buggy, crashy. The current 10586.29 build seems pretty good for now but I've only been using it for a couple of hours so it's too early to definitely tell whether or not it's stable enough for long term use as a daily driver.

Either way, it's blazingly fast, even compared to 8.1 Update 2. I have yet to see "loading..." or the much hated "resuming..." since the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3