Lumia 830 horrible battery life after new update win 8.1

SmallBoobsLover

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I updated my windows phone 8.1 and i lost 1,5-2 days on battery life.
This is so frustrating, because after 1,5 day I have about 20% and i don't receive any messages on skype or whatsupp/viber
It was an update with 'gadgets' app from MS. I uninstalled this app but still something drain my battery very fast.

With my normal use of phone, I had 3 days and few hours.
I had even 4 or 5 days. (and it was with wifi on). Now this is maybe 2 days nad few hours (battry saving included)

Have somebody had similliar problem?
How can I change firmware to older?

I put some screenshots to prove my previous battery life 'dni' means days, 'godz.' is hours.
Please help me. My phone is useless now.

wp_ss_20150619_0001.pngwp_ss_20150829_0001.pngwp_ss_20151205_0001.pngwp_ss_20151205_0002.pngwp_ss_20151205_0003.png

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Try the following. Let the battery drain out completely till the phone is simply dead. Deplete the charge then charge it fully and go from there, see if that helps.

If that don't help, factory reset.

YOu said you updated 8.1...did you go to 10?

SmallBoobsLover

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I mean I had 8.1 and i installed update - (the newest one with that app 'gadgets' where you plugin headphones app appear to choose other music app)
I will wait for full win10 i heard a lot of bad comments about w10.
Today, at 2 am i had 10 % and thanks to mom - she woke me up aat 7 am to work xd because my phone was dead.
I plugin it to charger - but i don't think i will help.

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Lol, maybe they are letting you taste W10M with its battery life so you don't complain about it when they finally force you to update to it.

migsy111

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
This was my experience with the phone after upgrading to 10. Have backed off to 8.1, battery life returned to normal. Being a glutton for punishment I since then reinstalled 10 only to back off again yesterday to 8.1.

The latest w10m build is the most flaky yet with Messaging going off line, notifications going silent on their own. I'm back to 8.1 but this current version of 8.1 also has a poor battery life. I miss the 2 day battery I had when I got the phone last spring. I don't want to go back to Android and iPhone is out of the question. C'mon Microsoft - get your **** together.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This was my experience with the phone after upgrading to 10. Have backed off to 8.1, battery life returned to normal. Being a glutton for punishment I since then reinstalled 10 only to back off again yesterday to 8.1.

The latest w10m build is the most flaky yet with Messaging going off line, notifications going silent on their own. I'm back to 8.1 but this current version of 8.1 also has a poor battery life. I miss the 2 day battery I had when I got the phone last spring. I don't want to go back to Android and iPhone is out of the question. C'mon Microsoft - get your **** together.

To clarify, the OP has not upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile, they are talking about a Windows Phone 8.1 update (likely Denim).

My experience with new updates (WP8.1 and W10M) is that battery life suffers for the first couple of days, but then stabilises to a normal operating level.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is normal. I am using Windows 10 Mobile preview for the past few months. Maybe your apps are updating. Let it settles down for few days.

skategrizzly

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am amazed that you guys get such long battery lifes out of this phone. Mine usually lasts from 1-2 days and I would call myself a medium user. The longest time mine worked without a charge was 3 days and a half, but when I got this result it wasn't used almost at all. I have all turned off, all apps are blocked from running in background and the only thing that is on is my location. I also use battery saver. The phone has been like this from the beginning, now it's 11 months old.
To sum it up, I don't mind my battery life, it is sufficient for me, but I also wouldn't mind if it lasted longer. So I am asking you for any suggestions about increasing my battery life if it's even possible. Or do you think I have a bad battery?
Oh and I am still running Win 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234