Why I hate Nokia all the more now.

TortueG

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand in what the 900 is "better" than the 800. It has strictly the same hardware (+ a front camera...yeeaaay, who cares) and a bigger screen that's all.

In my case even if I had the choice I'd choose the 800 mainly because I don't like screen larger than 4'

LaNiQuE

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
ok i should just do a copy and paste of what i said earlier under the article about the 800 comin to the us unlocked ...frist of all nokia has it's issue and im not totally happy with them after i was going to get a 710 cause i couldnt get the 800 and found out that the us isnt getting any back covers for it tho they keep showing them off but getting back to the issue of the 800 it wasnt ever meant to be a us phone them given it to us unlocked is kinda a gift the us market is flooded with huge phones so why would they push a phone under 4.0 with no front facing cam when most of you on here go nuts if a phone's screen isnt 4.5 or higher front facing cam or dosent have 32gb of storage not sure why u need that much space but i feel your pain guy i wanted the 800 in fact i still do but hearing about the 900 made me not get a 710 which i was settling for cause im pretty much on board with wp with nokias hardware and their exclusive software also winning guy is right it isnt a upgrade they are a series of devices and when i talk to nokia about the 710 i seems clear that they a being pretty calculated about what devices and colors countries are getting so i guess we can blame marketing and focus groups for this

erwt

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I specifically chose the 800 because it was smaller than the 900, and as for me, I can't foresee any real use for the new features in the Lumia 900 to be honest. Features like LTE aren't even relevant to where I live (northern Sweden).

It would've been nice with a front-facing camera, just to have it I guess, but I don't think it would have made that much of a difference to me either way. I have actually never made a video phone call with any of my previous phones.

In my mind, the Lumia 900 is a phone for a totally different market, namely the US. And the Lumia 800 is still a supersexy, awesome phone in my eyes.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

And on that happy 800 note, welcome along to WPCentral eRWT. :)

Hope the 800 is performing well for you. :cool:

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand in what the 900 is "better" than the 800. It has strictly the same hardware (+ a front camera...yeeaaay, who cares) and a bigger screen that's all.

In my case even if I had the choice I'd choose the 800 mainly because I don't like screen larger than 4'

Has LTE (futureproof)

L

lumic

Nokia, please release a single device each year that will be naturally behind the curve due to Windows Phone's hardware restrictions, will be less tailored to specific markets and will be unlikely to shift units past the first couple of months.

Oh, hang on.

Has LTE (futureproof)
Only one carrier in my country has LTE, and that carrier is overpriced. I don't see widespread LTE roll-out in the next two years from the others, and I prefer the N9 form factor.

Last edited:

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
OP is retarded. I suppose you expect Nokia to make a comeback by releasing 1 phone only in Europe.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium