Nokia 900/AT&T contract question

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am in an area that AT&T acquired from Alltel about a year ago. Being that I was an Alltel subscriber I was grandfathered into AT&T on my current unlimited data plan. I was given a Samsung Focus for free and never forced to sign any sort of a contract.

Being that I haven't ever even set foot into an AT&T store I know very little about how the renewal process works with them. My question is when I go in to get the 900, will they make me get rid of my current unlimited data plan and get onto a tiered data plan?

I have heard both sides so far with a lot of people saying it depends entirely on the rep in which you discuss this with. They will often try to get you to switch but if you are firm and say you want to remain on your current plan they will still give you the contract renewal price if you are willing to sign a contract extension.

Is there any truth to this? Also, is it better to call up corporate or actually go in and talk to someone in person at the local corporate store or an authorized retailer?

Thanks in advance for any helpful insight on this.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I did mine online with AT&T.

If you have an old unlimited data plan, the plan may not exist anymore when you upgrade. But it should detect that you are an unlimited data plan customer. So they'll offer to switch you to one of several unlimited "4G" plans. One of those plans will be the exact plan as your old one, with just a different name. You could just pick that one. You'll keep your unlimited data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3