any date for the 900 on ATT YET?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard a date for the 900 to come to att ?

I heard the 18 along time ago but MS, ATT and Nokia are not talking

I really want to plan my move for the family from Sprint to ATT ..

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
oh man....that stinks if the 900 is delayed. I was really looking forward to its release....this would have been the first phone i have ever got on day one..(aside from the fact of being at the store at opening time to pick it up..first there too). Hopefully the Microsoft presentation will give more info.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that the rest of the world is planning to release their version of the 900 45 days after 3/18. So much for exclusives.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Regardless I'm not waiting for at&t to release updates so I'm buying an unlocked un branded 900. I'm not wasting my money on any more phones from at&t unless there is a big reduction in price. I will be paying full price no matter where I get my 900 so mine will be unlocked.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Regardless I'm not waiting for at&t to release updates so I'm buying an unlocked un branded 900. I'm not wasting my money on any more phones from at&t unless there is a big reduction in price. I will be paying full price no matter where I get my 900 so mine will be unlocked.
anybody got any questions on what the unlocked price MIGHT be??? I'm gonna take a guess and say $700.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
wow 700 is way to much to be paying for a phone. I thought I saw that in Europe it was going for 450 euro. I guess that would put in in the 500 plus USA range.
I love to see a review on it like from PhoneDog or Cnet, Even more I like to know how the call voice quality going to be like.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
wow 700 is way to much to be paying for a phone. I thought I saw that in Europe it was going for 450 euro. I guess that would put in in the 500 plus USA range.
I love to see a review on it like from PhoneDog or Cnet, Even more I like to know how the call voice quality going to be like.

I'm just guessing on the $700 price. $500 is probably closer to the actual price but again we're just pulling numbers out of the air right now. Microsoft needs to come on with some info.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Awesome that it's coming to Canada through Rogers in April! But too bad Rogers offer such crappy contracts...dunno if I should just by the phone outright or not...and the 900 doesn't seem to support other networks like the 710 does :dry

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i seem to be the only one thats ticked off that we got no price, color or release date for the 900. today was the day to do it and nothing happened. all the windowsphone ppl are patting eachother on their virtual backs today and for what. low end phones and a really nice camera thats not running WP7. i bought my 1st WP full price just so there wouldnt be any problems upgrading. its taken alot to resist the new phones, titan, new focus etc. if i dont get a date soon i think the Note is my next phone, since the awful updating droid is known for is making its way to WP. htc/att and no updates since mango btw..

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

It's been my experience when selling one of my old phones that unbranded/unlocked GSM phones always sell real fast on eBay for a decent price.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm just guessing on the $700 price. $500 is probably closer to the actual price but again we're just pulling numbers out of the air right now. Microsoft needs to come on with some info.

I'll guess $600 on the initial release date, but right after that you'll find a decent price on Amazon, or eBay or NewEgg.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't give Cnet's phone crew much weight when it comes to Windows Phone. I just listened to the latest Dialed In. Brian Bennett didn't even know that the next update is going to be called Apollo, and Jessica Dolcourt is equally ignorant.

One of the most balanced reviews of WP I've seen was actually of the 710 over on Mobile Syrup.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll guess $600 on the initial release date, but right after that you'll find a decent price on Amazon, or eBay or NewEgg.
Don't expect that price to change very much. No subsidies or anything else. Was looking at the GoPhone plans on AT&T tonight. When my contract is up next month I can switch and save about $33/month. That's $594 in 18 months + the initial $99 (presumably) for the 900 on contract. Think I figured out how to pay for an unlocked phone.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't give Cnet's phone crew much weight when it comes to Windows Phone. I just listened to the latest Dialed In. Brian Bennett didn't even know that the next update is going to be called Apollo, and Jessica Dolcourt is equally ignorant.

One of the most balanced reviews of WP I've seen was actually of the 710 over on Mobile Syrup.

Yea, I'm not a real big fan of Cnet. Their reviews seem kinda biased sometimes and their reviewers don't seem very knowledgeable at times. I like WP reviews :) and those on phonescoop.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
i seem to be the only one thats ticked off that we got no price, color or release date for the 900. today was the day to do it and nothing happened. all the windowsphone ppl are patting eachother on their virtual backs today and for what. low end phones and a really nice camera thats not running WP7. i bought my 1st WP full price just so there wouldnt be any problems upgrading. its taken alot to resist the new phones, titan, new focus etc. if i dont get a date soon i think the Note is my next phone, since the awful updating droid is known for is making its way to WP. htc/att and no updates since mango btw..

Unfortunatelky whether youre thge only one or one of many thats not getting the 900 here any sooner. Patience is a virtue but its hard to come by!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect that price to change very much. No subsidies or anything else. Was looking at the GoPhone plans on AT&T tonight. When my contract is up next month I can switch and save about $33/month. That's $594 in 18 months + the initial $99 (presumably) for the 900 on contract. Think I figured out how to pay for an unlocked phone.

Jimski, I am curious, do the GoPhone plans offer the same data speeds as post-paid? I have heard that they are throttled.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just in an AT&T store in Phoenix today, and one of the employees said they had a rep in just the other day with a 900. So that at least sounds positive, at least one has landed in the US. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro