New Rumor Points to April 22nd

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
They were the first folks to post the March 18th date - and so this means as much as that did then. This still isn't official news, it's just continued speculation with a "trusted source" as a citation. We're still waiting, hence not totally trusting it.

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
They were the first folks to post the March 18th date - and so this means as much as that did then. This still isn't official news, it's just continued speculation with a "trusted source" as a citation. We're still waiting, hence not totally trusting it.

Gotcha. The problem also lies with the headline saying "set to debut" and the content saying "AT&T is now aiming (for Apr 22)".

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Unlikely the 900 will release in March IMO. If it were, it would be late March, but it wont be here for another month I think.

There has been no work, no advertising, and nothing but silence since CES, i would learn towards no go for march 18 and more realistic end of March or into April.

Those that are going to say that this is not official and this could be no true, keep in mind that they also reported the $99 price point before anybody else and everybody seems to believe that. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

So if you believe the $99 price point, you might want to believe the April 22 release date.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Unlikely the 900 will release in March IMO. If it were, it would be late March, but it wont be here for another month I think.

There has been no work, no advertising, and nothing but silence since CES, i would learn towards no go for march 18 and more realistic end of March or into April.

Those that are going to say that this is not official and this could be no true, keep in mind that they also reported the $99 price point before anybody else and everybody seems to believe that. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

So if you believe the $99 price point, you might want to believe the April 22 release date.

I thought Paul Thurrott was the guy who originally stated the March 18th date and $99 price point

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
BGR says nothing about where they got this new info. At least the original leak of March 18th had a snapshot, and Paul Thurrott confirmed it. There is nothing behind this news yet and don't be surprised if this thing still goes down in 9 days.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
thurrott_lumia900.PNG

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not believing some BGR "rumor".

1. ATT Has a coming soon banner for a device, very likely the lumia 900. They wouldn't have this up if was April 22nd. That is not soon.

2. Rogers (Canada) is supposedly taking preorders next week and there's no way they would do that if AT&T wasn't even getting it until April 22nd. AT&T is supposed to be the first carrier.

That said, will I wait 1.5 months to get it? Sure will. Still nothing else out or coming out that is better. I think I could manage an extra 4 weeks if need be.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Not believing some BGR "rumor".

1. ATT Has a coming soon banner for a device, very likely the lumia 900. They wouldn't have this up if was April 22nd. That is not soon.

2. Rogers (Canada) is supposedly taking preorders next week and there's no way they would do that if AT&T wasn't even getting it until April 22nd. AT&T is supposed to be the first carrier.

That said, will I wait 1.5 months to get it? Sure will. Still nothing else out or coming out that is better. I think I could manage an extra 4 weeks if need be.

I am with you at least 66.7% for now. I am still hoping before April 2012. the comments on the WPC home thread and over at WMPowers user are through the roof and off the wall.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
A source of mine at AT&T confirmed that the original release date of March 18th has been pushed back, but he said it would be out the 9th, which is hard to believe.

I am getting incredibly impatient waiting for the 900, but as bad as the marketing for it has been, I'm glad that it is getting pushed back. Nokia, AT&T, and Microsoft really need to push this thing.

Last edited:

eagle628

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The wait time between when Apple announces a device and when it goes on sale is measured in weeks. Why is it in months for Nokia/Microsoft? I'm not even annoyed about a rumored release date being replaced with another rumored one; instead, it's the fact that the thing was announced months ago and Nokia/Microsoft seem to have completely forgotten about it. That's really not the way to inspire potential buyers.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The wait time between when Apple announces a device and when it goes on sale is measured in weeks. Why is it in months for Nokia/Microsoft? I'm not even annoyed about a rumored release date being replaced with another rumored one; instead, it's the fact that the thing was announced months ago and Nokia/Microsoft seem to have completely forgotten about it. That's really not the way to inspire potential buyers.

That's how I feel as well. Isn't this phone supposed to be very important to Nokias return to the US market? As well as Microsoft since this is supposed to be the flagship phone for windows phone? And it just seems like they're dragging their feet, yes it may not be completely their fault, but you think they'd push for a release as soon as possible.

What is their fault is announcing a phone months before it was ready for prime time, just to do it at CES, and then saying absolutely nothing for 2 months. They should have just waited until MWC to announce the 900, at least then the wait wouldn't have been as bad, and the excitement would still be high.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site

.... and Apple gets lambasted by people too for that because they do not preview or announce upcoming devices. Just a keynote and will be available now, in a week, or two weeks. Tends to annoy people who just bought the old device because Apple did not say a peep that the next device was weeks away.

You can't please everybody no matter which way you go, but Nokia could at least set a release date at this point and confirm it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05