Still no Visual Voicemail!!!! AT&T I hate you!!!

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed on neogaf by a AT&T employee who has been playing with it all day.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36266184&postcount=21273

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Could you post anything he's been saying? negatives, positives?

Apparently I can't register because I don't have a free e-mail address, whatever that means.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The delay has been apparently about Voicemail, the devices are already at the stores. So maybe its more about doing something on the AT&T network to enable Visual Voicemail? If so they could still be working on it, plan for it be ready for April 8th?

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The delay has been apparently about Voicemail, the devices are already at the stores. So maybe its more about doing something on the AT&T network to enable Visual Voicemail? If so they could still be working on it, plan for it be ready for April 8th?

Source?

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't have a source, but if your read elsewhere most rumors did circle around voicemail as being the culprit for the delay. Common sense would suggest its visual voicemail, as I can take any unlocked phone and voicemail work on AT&T by dialing in.

Unless someone with more info come forth, the most we can do is wait until launch day and not review pre-release phones especially since VVM needs to be activated on your account. I'm on T-Mobile and VVM won't work until I call in and request it for that line.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Could you post anything he's been saying? negatives, positives?

Apparently I can't register because I don't have a free e-mail address, whatever that means.

You don't need to register but here's a link to one post with camera samples
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36268146&postcount=21280

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay yeah thanks for the link. The pictures look pretty decent. The Macro is pretty incredible, there is some noise on the darker picture, but definitely a pretty capable camera.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't take that as confirmation of no VVM. To get VVM on my AT&T Samsung Focus Flash, I had to set the data plan to data pro 4g with LTE. They probably didn't have that data plan selected for the demo device (as it probably did not have a data plan enabled on it).

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'd be more inclined to believe the delay was due to LTE problems; WP7.5 has had VVM since it came out - just not on AT&T. However this is the first LTE rollout for WP, and both LTE WP devices are delayed. Meanwhile the non-LTE 900's look like they'll be rolling out in the ROW on schedule; it looks like the delays have nearly slipped the 900 out of AT&T's exclusive period.

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
HOLY GOD YES!!!!! Thank you ATT!!! My 29 day experience with my Titan (returned it because the 900 was announced) was great except a couple things..

1. NO VISUAL VOICEMAIL
2. AUDIO SUCKED
3. My ear hurt....

The Titan rocked besides that...

looknow12

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Visual Voicemail is ON

I had the Samsung Focus and just upgraded to the Nokia Lumia 900 for $50.

I noticed immediately the visual voice mail is working. Very happy.

Not sure if it is just the Lumia, or if AT&T decided to turn it on for the launch of the Nokia Lumia phone. My Samsung Focus doesn't have service and I don't have the key to swap the simm cards.

Everyone on AT&T with an older phone loaded with Mango should check.

elmopio

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the Samsung Focus and just upgraded to the Nokia Lumia 900 for $50.

I noticed immediately the visual voice mail is working. Very happy.

Not sure if it is just the Lumia, or if AT&T decided to turn it on for the launch of the Nokia Lumia phone. My Samsung Focus doesn't have service and I don't have the key to swap the simm cards.

Everyone on AT&T with an older phone loaded with Mango should check.
I still have my old Focus(Gen.1) on the network still with a family plan and its not enabled on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith