Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The SkyDrive image quality is basically because it's consider, you could say, an emergency backup of an image with lower quality. They compress the image to help cutback on any data dings you may acquire on cellular networks if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
ya i tried taking pictures both ways but same result. as you can see, pictures look horrible. also when i go into camera, under settings "photo camera settings" not highlighted means i can go into it. any ideas why?

It is not highlighted because you are already viewing the Photo Camera Settings listed underneath that text. Not sure why that text is even there.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
While it certainly is not the best camera, I think it does a decent job in some of the more worse conditions. In the daylight, it does a pretty good job. In dark and not so well lit places, it does better than other phones. Although, I think the flash kind of messes up the photos under certain conditions. I think it the flash may unnecessarily fire.

temporary.jpg

temporary-1.jpg

temporary-2.jpg

temporary-3.jpg

temporary-4.jpg

temporary-5.jpg

temporary-6.jpg

temporary-7.jpg

temporary-8.jpg

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
why mines taking such horrible pictures!? (default settings) and when i upload them on my sky driver, they even look worse. whats going on guys :(

That Boston hat... lol. :p

Swap it with a NYY hat and you'll see how much better the picture becomes :D:lol:;)

jtke

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the camera software uses a bit too optimistic shutter speed in low lighting. People with rock steady hands get ok pictures.

Shooting indoor sports is probably the most difficult situation for any camera due to low light and fast movement of the target, hence no chance to get good hockey pics without fast optics (=expensive) and super high ISO (full frame DSLR).

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Are these pictures a downgrade from the Galaxy S II? They look blurry and soft in many cases, but otherwise relatively pleasing. Feels more like a 3mp camera.

Yes, as well as the Focus S & Titan. At this point, I think even my 1st gen Focus takes better pics. Honestly, these look about on par with what a Radar & Focus Flash produces (I've had all of the above besides the Flash at one point).

Its mind-blowing to me that Nokia would use such low quality optics in an otherwise awesome device. Esp one thats supposed to be a "flagship".

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
2012 NY Int'l Auto Show

Below are some of the picture I took over the weekend at the 2012 New York Int'l Auto Show at Jacob Javits center.

zwhohebe

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, as well as the Focus S & Titan. At this point, I think even my 1st gen Focus takes better pics. Honestly, these look about on par with what a Radar & Focus Flash produces (I've had all of the above besides the Flash at one point).

Its mind-blowing to me that Nokia would use such low quality optics in an otherwise awesome device. Esp one thats supposed to be a "flagship".

The pics on this phone are woeful at best. Seriously, I agree. The pictures on my orig focus were much better. There is an issue with the view finder at the bottom of the display when you first wake up the phone to use the camera. See the pic. Its like the top of the screen is getting cropped off and coming up the bottom of the screen. This is in landscape and on the side when in portrait. Excuse the rough picture I took. I took it with one hand and was disoriented. So looking at the pic i attached. you can see the brightness of the light and edge of the windows at the bottom of the screen when they should actually be at the top of the screen. horrible. After I took a pic I realized it was fixed and somehow fixed itself but it happns each time you start the camera initially. sucks. this camera SUCKS in many aspects. huge let down.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
why mines taking such horrible pictures!? (default settings) and when i upload them on my sky driver, they even look worse. whats going on guys :(

It seems like many are unaware that the button is two stage. First focuses and then takes picture, you just don't press it.

Nokia has been doing it since 2002 on all of it's phones.

Something i find very worrying and i see reviewers and USA customers missing this time after time. It's been the norm by the original camera phone manufacturers (Nokia, Ericsson) in Europe since the days of dawn.

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. My pics have come out fine. Even the indoor shots are good.

I just touch the screen and let the auto focus do its thing and take the pic at the same time. I never press the button. But, I was already used to not pressing a button from previous phones.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Here are a couple I just shot today. I find the lens is VERY sensitive to any sort of dirt, but when its clean, it does a pretty good job.

I don't know how to make them show up in the post.

zwhohebe

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Here are a couple I just shot today. I find the lens is VERY sensitive to any sort of dirt, but when its clean, it does a pretty good job.

I don't know how to make them show up in the post.

youre right, these arent bad however they are all outside on a clear day it seems, correct? im shocked this phones camera is not as good as my original focus using the two stage button. tons of noise and the colors leave a lot to be desired. I will say however I have yet to actually export them to my pc but I dont really care for that. I enjoy them usually just on my phone and the picture tile. The focus was pretty damn consistent in sharpness and color.

Hey, the rest of the phone Im starting to really enjoy so Im going to have to live with it. The flash seems to work well in the dark.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
youre right, these arent bad however they are all outside on a clear day it seems, correct? im shocked this phones camera is not as good as my original focus using the two stage button. tons of noise and the colors leave a lot to be desired. I will say however I have yet to actually export them to my pc but I dont really care for that. I enjoy them usually just on my phone and the picture tile. The focus was pretty damn consistent in sharpness and color.

I've said this all along & agree. The original Focus is better, which is kinda mind-blowing since that was basically based off of the original Samsung Galaxy S line, which is now a two year old phone.

These are from my Focus. I honestly think these are better than anything I've seen the 900 produce:

I simply don't understand Nokia's decision here to use such an inferior camera in a flagship device that's supposed to be a jumpstart for the company & WP in general.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you live in Florida? So much wildlife in your pics. And the houses remind me of some Tampa style houses. But yes, nice pics. Good colors and all. TOO BAD Nokia could but more umph into their cam. The Nokia pics aren't bad, but please don't go branding it Carl Zeiss and have it be average. Lol.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you live in Florida? So much wildlife in your pics. And the houses remind me of some Tampa style houses. But yes, nice pics. Good colors and all. TOO BAD Nokia could but more umph into their cam. The Nokia pics aren't bad, but please don't go branding it Carl Zeiss and have it be average. Lol.

Yes, that's FL all right. I feel like I'm living in the middle of frickin wild kingdom down here. :)

Thanks. And yeah, I agree. Carl Zeiss seems more like a liability than an asset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)