Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree540Likes

I bought fhotoroom and started posting pictures online there. some are retouched, but these two are not .

The problem I have with the camera is that all my friends have iPhones, so its hard to tell them how to take a picture with my phone without knowing all the tricks to taking the pictures..

Both of these pics were taken with fhotoroom and not the native camera application.
    Last edited by loribinca; 04-20-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typo

Global Posts
    1,983 Global Posts
    Took this today with Ffc on the 900.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imageuploadedbytapatalk1334986834.757769.jpg  
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Perfect natural lighting

Duvi likes this.

I am quite happy with my Lumia 900 and its camera.

Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    1,838 Global Posts
    1. Lady Cocobean in the kitchen begging under incandescent light.
    2. My car in mixed light and shade.
    3. Closeup in bright sunlight

All in auto setting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000000.jpg   wp_000005.jpg   wp_000001.jpg  
    Duvi likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,275 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loribinca View Post
    Click to view quoted image

I bought fhotoroom and started posting pictures online there. some are retouched, but these two are not .

The problem I have with the camera is that all my friends have iPhones, so its hard to tell them how to take a picture with my phone without knowing all the tricks to taking the pictures..

Both of these pics were taken with fhotoroom and not the native camera application.
    Hopefully other users try taking pictures with different apps to see if the image quality dramatically improves.

Took my daughter to the park this afternoon and snapped these with my white 900. These are straight out of the camera using the built-in camera/software. No apps, no tweaking. I'm happy with these, and I've had every iPhone, the Samsung Focus, and Lumia 800.

charlyee and Duvi like this.

It would be nice to have a comparison between the L900, L800 and N9 since it's the same lense but each phone has different software :)

Wildflower season is just getting underway... here are a few shots from a lunchtime walkabout.

I think flower pics are actually not too trying for a camera, being pretty saturated, and not having large areas of neutral color that have to be balanced just so and reproduced without gradations. But what the heck... they're enjoyable to look at, and folks who know the characteristic color of Ceanothus and California Poppy will probably agree that these are pretty decent reproductions:

N-A-N (Not A Native):

And one dim-light shot of a candlelit restaurant table. This one won't survive any pixel-peeping, but the overall image does a fine job of capturing the scene. (Not making any claims about the composition or choice of subject!)

Overall I'd rate the 900's camera a definite step up from my iPhone 4, and on par with most point-and-shoots I've used recently. The sensor is pretty noisy in low light, but usable, and quite nice in daylight. There are definite issues with the image processing: white balance, color rendition, and tone curve, so Nokia's got some homework to do. Actually, I think they've already done it: the "Auto Fix" function goes a long way toward taming crushed shadows and blown highlights, and as I get comfortable with it I'm applying it to more and more pictures by default.

If Nokia would just move a slightly milder form of this AutoFix processing over into the standard default JPEG processing done on every picture, and release it in the next software update, I think we'd be hearing less complaining about photos from this phone.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I miss my Focus S camera...my Lumia 900 camera is EH!

Just got my replacement today for various reasons. One thing I noticed though was low light pictures. On my original 900 I would see horrible streaking before taking photos, with my new lumia it looks just noisy, like it normally does with point and shoots. Also, then lens look different. In my original,it looks larger, the newer looks smaller. I'll have to put photos later of it. That said the newer one seems to take better low light photos.

The contrast of table piece is usually difficult to capture color. The CD case has reflection and scratches, also hard to get jussssst right.

found this chick following me when i got out of my car. walked her back to a pond a half mile away and found her family.
    Thanked by:
    charlyee and hellomiggy like this.

Night, low light, all auto, with flash ON

http://forums.wpcentral.com/members/...bums34-149.jpg
    Last edited by HillBillJr; 04-26-2012 at 06:45 AM.

hellomiggy likes this.

getting some error when trying to attach picture us the drop down above. also, i shared my phone pics to skydrive and then copied to a personal folder i use for photo forums. is there a trick to get a WP picture uploaded to a web site from my PC? I don't have this problem with regular digital photos. the only way I have been able to attach a WP pic is to insert my flickr link.

There is a folder in your picture that is named "from [your phone name]". If you sync with zune on a regular basis you will find them there. Share as usual.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    This was taken during happy hour ;)

This one was at the mall.

Last edited by ninjaap; 04-27-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Round two, with my flower pics...

Looking for the right configuration, I know they look good. You be the judge.

enjoi!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000003.jpg   wp_000010.jpg   wp_000050.jpg   wp_000054.jpg   wp_000055.jpg  

I have taken about 200-300 pictures on my 900 and while not the best camera ever I don't think it warrants the criticism its been getting. I'll post a few of my pictures later but I think with a little software tweaking this camera could be really good.

So unless camera quality varies greatly between phones I think people are just expecting too much.
    lloydizzle13 likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    stvnAZpx, are those shots all with the Lumia? Very nice.
    -joe-
    Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
    DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
    Some Stuff

two pics i took because i damaged my car...

Thanked by:
    MAERSK 

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Currently, into tea and trying out different kinds. Suggestions?

Last edited by ninjaap; 04-27-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7inchesNBPEL View Post
    two pics i took because i damaged my car...

Nice pics, poor lil'S14

i have the bumper off now and apparently i can fix it easily. no tabs or any of the lights were broken. Everything will be fine once i but the bumper on.