Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I will update tomorrow with pictures as I have the day off. If you guys have any requests, I can try to fullfill. :cool:

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just took a couple quick pics in low light to test the cam with some of my daughter's toys as a props. The first pic I took was just a quick point and shoot. Pic 2 shows off the cam a lil better with the tap to focus feature. I will try and take more tomorrow during the day:

mhopii-albums31-113.jpeg

Point and shoot

mhopii-albums31-112.jpeg

Tap to Focus

Last edited:

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup good stuff, some daylight photos would be great too. A different member posted some and they looked very washed out. Thanks though, I'll check back in tomorrow.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
As we wait for the arrival of the Lumia 900 so we can test it's camera, I found some sample shots that have already been take. They look really great!

Lumia 900′s day-time camera shots. Again great clarity, depth of tone and color reproduction on display. ? Nokiapoweruser

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but those kinda suck. They have that same hazy look to them that the 800 has & you can def tell they were taken with a cell phone. Especially these two:

http://nokiapoweruser.files.wordpre...ser-8a7ccf20-b7d8-4b0f-ba10-0701c78d7c9e1.jpg

http://nokiapoweruser.files.wordpre...ser-5d1ecfb3-4c45-4947-a0ce-971f7c8252651.jpg

I also found these on Flickr (just click forward for more). Looks to be the same results: RK Blue NOKIA Lumia 900_000246 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nokia's gonna have to do better than this if they wanna compete.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I suppose I see it a little bit in the two pictures, but it's not terrible. The one you posted looks poor.

True, it's not terrible. But it's not good either. It's very very average IMO. Maybe even below that for top tiered smartphones.

I guess I was just expecting better. Not really 4S quality, but at least on par with the current gen of windows phones (Focus S & Titan). It doesn't even seem to be that. Disappointing. :(

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a massive discrepancy between the 2 sets of photos; those on wordpress look right up there with the best from phones, wheras the images on flickr look horrible (especially in comparison to the shots from the leica that are next to the lumias ones) and appear out of focus, poorly exposed and the colour balance is a bit off.

Just looking at the EXIF data from the flickr album, most of the photos have been put through quicktime, not sure why this has happened (have they been edited/compressed and why would anybody use quicktime for this function?), and looking at the data from the same album on the pictures taken by the leica camera, this was not done, which makes me a little suspicious of these photos. The other thing is in the outdoor photos from the flickr album the shutter speeds don't look right for such low light shots. Also the focus from a couple of the pictures was right in one corner of the image rather than anywhere near the middle, making them look way out of focus. I've seen some very nice sharp images in low light from the 900 and these are just a little hard to believe.

On the other hand those outdoor ones look amazing and make me want to replace my omnia7.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Once I get my phone this week I'll take some comparison shots with all of the smartphone cameras in the house. To be honest, those pics look slightly better than what I have seen the iPhone4s do.

But if what you are looking for is quality, buy a camera. I have never seen any phone camera be able to out perform a real camera.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, those pics look slightly better than what I have seen the iPhone4s do.

But if what you are looking for is quality, buy a camera. I have never seen any phone camera be able to out perform a real camera.

Then whoever you have seen take pictures with an iPhone 4S doesn't know what they are doing. I am switching to the 900 from an iPhone 4 (which has a inferior camera to the 4S) and I have personally taken photos on my iPhone 4 (and my Titan before that) that are superior to any of these from the 900 that has been posted. I really want this phone to have a great camera and really hope this is just people not doing something right.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Then whoever you have seen take pictures with an iPhone 4S doesn't know what they are doing. I am switching to the 900 from an iPhone 4 (which has a inferior camera to the 4S) and I have personally taken photos on my iPhone 4 (and my Titan before that) that are superior to any of these from the 900 that has been posted. I really want this phone to have a great camera and really hope this is just people not doing something right.

"User error" can't be an excuse - Nokia's own "Smartphone Beta Test" marketing pokes fun at the iPhone for labeling poor signal strength with user error. We'll have to wait for the reviews to roll in but it seems like the 900's camera is average at best. Which is a shame.

auniverseaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll be posting pictures pretty soon. I was pretty disappointed until I figured out a few tricks. It's definitely not stellar, but not terrible either. The white balance on the preview looks more blue than the shot that is actually taken. I wish I could get the white balance of image preview.

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Those don't look too bad, a bit more noise than I was hoping for though.

In many of the shots I've seen the blues seem dull and undersaturated. Can someone please post a shot with a lot of sky in it, and maybe a comparison shot with a proper camera if available? I'd be forever in your debt :). This may just be the difference for me between getting the cheaper focus S vs lumia 900 to tide me over til WP8 (battery on my omnia 7 no longer lasts all day).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)