Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Watup WPC!! If you have been keeping up with the Lumia you know that Nokia dropped over $20 mil for at&t employees to get their hands on these. I just got mine today (perks of the job) and I guess I'm a lil late to the party as some of my at&t counterparts have had their's for a few days according to this thread.

To be honest, I was never a big fan of WP7 but I've been very intrigued by the Lumia since it was announced so I'm looking to give Windows another shot. I'm a member of iMore.com and AC.com but I'm pretty new to WPC and I look forward to learning from everybody here so I can pass along the info to other customers. Figured I would post some quick pics to keep you excited about the device.

I'm trying to compile a list of must have apps/customizations to try out that will enhance the experience. In return I can try to answer any questions you have about the phone.

Lastly, the shameless plug... If you are in Columbus, OH come see me at the Morse rd store if you want to check out the device in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-4.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    IceCrush, cckgz4, Kredrian and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Lucky sob's everywhere! Poor me - I'm stuck on Verizon due to 3 phones worth of etf's and not wanting to lose my grandfathered in unlimited data.

With that gripe over, I'm absolutely looking forward to feedback from fans of the other platforms. One day I hope to have a Nokia WP, whether on Verizon or another carrier if need be!

Man, that phone is beautiful! I'm definitely jealous that you've already gotten it.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    Developer

Check out the world alarm clock! For the first time an app which allows you to change the current time while comparing time across different time zones. It also allows you to set reminders as per time in other countries. The app does the conversion on local time for you! Never miss your favorite event in another county again.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...?wa=wsignin1.0

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Is it just me or are all of those pics upside down? Still a sexy phone though.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I'm also rocking the Nokia blue theme (on my hacked Samsung :P)!
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus
    snowmutt and geewhizjay like this.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Do us a favor, download Bandwidth and run an LTE speed test.

Surprised the reps that have the phone already have not done so already.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Do us a favor, download Bandwidth and run an LTE speed test.

Surprised the reps that have the phone already have not done so already.
    wish i could but we dont have LTE here in Columbus yet. we will by the end of Q3 though
    Quote Originally Posted by mhopii View Post
    wish i could but we dont have LTE here in Columbus yet. we will by the end of Q3 though
    Since you don't have lte coverage,does the phone give you the option to turn off he lte radio to save battery? I want this phone but don't have lte in my area either.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    How is the battery life off of LTE. Could you post some pictures taken by the Lumia 900? Is the screen fast and responsive? Device Pocket friendly? Too heavy?

Well, there are all my concerns :D

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Since you don't have lte coverage,does the phone give you the option to turn off he lte radio to save battery? I want this phone but don't have lte in my area either.
    I dont think that option is on the phone. I searched and all I saw was the ability to turn cellular data off/on. I don't think this will hurt you. W just have hspa+ here and my battery life has been pretty strong. I purposely turned wifi off and only used the network all day. I had an 8-9 hour training today starting at 8:30am. At the time of plugging into the PC tonight I had about 75-80% left. Granted I didnt use it that much because of the training but that is still better than alot of the androids I have been using.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst94 View Post
    How is the battery life off of LTE. Could you post some pictures taken by the Lumia 900? Is the screen fast and responsive? Device Pocket friendly? Too heavy?

Well, there are all my concerns :D

See above about battery life. There is a sticky in the Lumia 900 section with pics from the cam. I will add mine tonight or tomorrow. As far as the screen goes, it is very responsive. I haven't had witnessed any lag whatsoever thus far. It is heavier than I'm used to coming from a Galaxy SII but then again I have to carry 2 phones. One personal (4S) and one work (900) so my pockets are always bulging and I hate it (no fault of the Lumia just the nature of the beast).

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Great! Thanks for the input! I'll be putting a screen protector on this, mostly for fingerprints and maybe find a way to cover up the band surrounding the camera as it scratches easily.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    FYI I can confirm that we do have the visual voicemail. You have to set it up by calling in and following the prompts. Once complete, the Lumia will get the voicemail tab added to the Phone tab. Ugly pics attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    hellomiggy likes this.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Great! Thanks for the input! I'll be putting a screen protector on this, mostly for fingerprints and maybe find a way to cover up the band surrounding the camera as it scratches easily.
    yea get an antiglare/antifingerprint screen protector those are the best

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Very cool on the voicemail, where would you rank this phone right now?

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    How is call and ringer volume? I had an unlocked Lumia 800 and that was my only complaint was the low volumes.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Very cool on the voicemail, where would you rank this phone right now?
    Coming from someone who was never a WP7 fan, I want to withhold my judgement for a specific rating. I just got mine on Monday so 2 days is not enough time for an accurate score. I can tell you, however, that this feels like a high end phone. Not just another gimicky device that was overhyped. The phone feels like quality in your hand. Flying through menus don't disappoint. The app selection or lack thereof is still hard to get over for me as I assume it will be for many customers.

Quote Originally Posted by jameskk1 View Post
    How is call and ringer volume? I had an unlocked Lumia 800 and that was my only complaint was the low volumes.
    The phone calls I made sound great. I was on the phone for an hour yesterday on one phone call with our support team for a customer and I have 0 complaints about reception and call clarity

@mhopii, can u confirm which software version is shipping please?

Enjoy and welcome to the WP family!!

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabowp View Post
    @mhopii, can u confirm which software version is shipping please?
    This is what I have currently. Not sure what will actually ship. Our Nokia Rep said that there might be an update before or shortly after launch. Not 100% sure though

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Enjoy and welcome to the WP family!!
    Thanks!
    alaskanjackson likes this.

Thanks mhopii....looks like you are running Tango!

Could you please check if orange theme looks as smooth like the left one or serrated like the right one which I captured from my Lumia 800:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-800/187481.htm
    Last edited by thuannguy; 03-28-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added more details

Watup WPC!! If you have been keeping up with the Lumia you know that Nokia dropped over $20 mil for at&t employees to get their hands on these. I just got mine today (perks of the job) and I guess I'm a lil late to the party as some of my at&t counterparts have had their's for a few days according to this thread.

To be honest, I was never a big fan of WP7 but I've been very intrigued by the Lumia since it was announced so I'm looking to give Windows another shot. I'm a member of iMore.com and AC.com but I'm pretty new to WPC and I look forward to learning from everybody here so I can pass along the info to other customers. Figured I would post some quick pics to keep you excited about the device.

I'm trying to compile a list of must have apps/customizations to try out that will enhance the experience. In return I can try to answer any questions you have about the phone.

Lastly, the shameless plug... If you are in Columbus, OH come see me at the Morse rd store if you want to check out the device in advance!
    Welcome to WP Central! I myself am new to WP 7 and am enjoying the experience. I recently posted no WPcentral to understand the OS better and i got some wonderful response ! I am waiting on Lumia 900 to release and i borrowed my friend's WP7 phone and have been using it for past 2 weeks check out all functions that WPCentral members shared....
    Here is list I have been trying .. and i find them very good ... maybe you can educate your customers about the same .....

-Nokia Drive(GPS) which is free for life time and done NOT Use data from your data plan (Waiting for Nokia phone though ; someone in Office uses Nokia E7 he says GPS is great)
    -Nokia Transport - it offers walking, bus, metro and tube directions for multiple cities around the world. (Waiting for Nokia phone)
    -Integration with Xbox
    -Integration with facebook/twiter
    -Free 25Gb Storage from Skydrive
    -Bing Vision : built in feature to use the camera to look up a book or an item's UPC code and find the best price online
    -Local Scout function : It also tells you things to see and do and where to shop depending on where you are.
    -Gasbuddy helps you find the cheapest gas near you
    -Nokia Music and Zune are very good.
    -Skype beta available ; Tango already exists and its great.
    -You can search for movies and showtimes right on the device.
    -Bing Music is another great feature that can help identify a random song you might hear while you're out

Business and office Needs :

-Lync and Share point access
    -Integrated MS Office - Mails from Outlook great; better than any OS that i saw.
    -Once the Good Enterprise Solutions app releases (depending on whether your company uses it) you should be able to access encrypted email

I really like the fact that you are open and willing to learn about other platforms to sell the devise ... Each OS has its positives and Negatives ... So far I am liking WP7 , iOS is also good ... but WP7 looks different , functions great and Nokia devise looks amazing ...

Good Luck with your sales ..
    Thanked by:
    mhopii 
    snowmutt likes this.

The app selection or lack thereof is still hard to get over for me as I assume it will be for many customers.
    What's missing from the app selection that you would like to see on WP?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpnewbie View Post
    Welcome to WP Central! I myself am new to WP 7 and am enjoying the experience. I recently posted no WPcentral to understand the OS better and i got some wonderful response ! I am waiting on Lumia 900 to release and i borrowed my friend's WP7 phone and have been using it for past 2 weeks check out all functions that WPCentral members shared....
    Here is list I have been trying .. and i find them very good ... maybe you can educate your customers about the same .....

-Nokia Drive(GPS) which is free for life time and done NOT Use data from your data plan (Waiting for Nokia phone though ; someone in Office uses Nokia E7 he says GPS is great)
    -Nokia Transport - it offers walking, bus, metro and tube directions for multiple cities around the world. (Waiting for Nokia phone)
    -Integration with Xbox
    -Integration with facebook/twiter
    -Free 25Gb Storage from Skydrive
    -Bing Vision : built in feature to use the camera to look up a book or an item's UPC code and find the best price online
    -Local Scout function : It also tells you things to see and do and where to shop depending on where you are.
    -Gasbuddy helps you find the cheapest gas near you
    -Nokia Music and Zune are very good.
    -Skype beta available ; Tango already exists and its great.
    -You can search for movies and showtimes right on the device.
    -Bing Music is another great feature that can help identify a random song you might hear while you're out

Business and office Needs :

-Lync and Share point access
    -Integrated MS Office - Mails from Outlook great; better than any OS that i saw.
    -Once the Good Enterprise Solutions app releases (depending on whether your company uses it) you should be able to access encrypted email

I really like the fact that you are open and willing to learn about other platforms to sell the devise ... Each OS has its positives and Negatives ... So far I am liking WP7 , iOS is also good ... but WP7 looks different , functions great and Nokia devise looks amazing ...

Good Luck with your sales ..

Great list. Exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks a ton I will try this out!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast