Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    My area does not have it yet. ETA is end of the year. Seems it would be a battery killer if it can't be turned off and tries to find it often....

TIA

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure they developed a "smart" LTE radio, which switches off the LTE portion of the radio when not in use / when not available.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    I sure hope so. Or that giant battery will be a waste of space. Still won't be able to get through a a full day.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

This is purely speculation, but I think you'll be able to, based on how the UI under the network settings page was changed.

It was originally a simple toggle for having 3G turned on. It's been changed to a drop down box, allow you to select 3G or Edge. I'd assume LTE Windows phones will have an LTE as well, allowing you to jump down to running only as high as 3G.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    My samsung focus s cant switch from 4g to 3g to 3dge, so i would suspect that you cant switch LTE to 4g, 3g or edge either.

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Nolate in the year 1st part of the next year but is fixing to be up and running soon just to the north of my location soon. Primarily because of Wal Mart's home offices about an hour north of here. So when I go up there I would be able to check out the speeds and hopefully be wowed!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!