Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I'm kind of confused as to how so many of you seem to be able to get the Lumia 900 at launch? I got my Focus at launch and cant upgrade till July 27! WTF! I need Nokia / M$ to announce the "pay a lil more for the phone early plan" like they did for the iPhone so I don't have to practice being patient. Right now I'm trying to hustle my friends/parents into giving me thier upgrades for cash with no success. Anyone else feel me here?
    Last edited by mab664; 03-31-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling

I got out of Sprint ETF-free in February when they changed their contract.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I paid $500.00 etf to Verizon for the wife's and mine lines. I'm sure that a lot of people are upgrading from their android or iPhone 4 not necessarily from their wp7 , then you have a bunch that like to buy at full retail. You could add a ghost line if you don't want to pay full retail..... There is a lot of options it all depends on how much you are willing to spend

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Bought my Surround on launch day for $399 ($499 - $100 Loyalty Discount). Had previously used my upgrade for a second Tilt II in July 2010, that I bought for 0.01 and sold on eBay for $200. So at the end of the day it was close to a wash. My new upgrade was due 4/9/12, but AT&T recently changed their policy and your upgrade kicks on the first day of the month your upgrade is due. Good for me. Pre-ordered my Lumia 900 today.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    The Lumia is dirt cheap out of pocket anyway, just pony up the 449 and save your upgrade.

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    The Lumia is dirt cheap out of pocket anyway, just pony up the 449 and save your upgrade.
    No doubt, $449 is really nothing. I got it at full price because I'm not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Don't feed your kids, pet, and/or wife for a day or three and that should pay for the phone outright!
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Ask your local store about an Exception Upgrade. If you have been in contract for at least six months, have no more than 3 non-pay suspensions on your account for the last 12 months, and have $350 to shell out, you can get your Lumia. Any phone exception upgrade is base phone price with new 2 year agreement + $250. If you don't have $350, add a line to your account to get the phone at the discounted price and park the Lumia on your line. Either leave the new line as a ghost line and sell the Focus or give someone your Focus to use on the new number. Or just buy it outright for another $100.