This 900 lag issue

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems as though there are many contradictory opinions regarding possible screen lag on the Lumia 900. Some say it's noticeable while others say it's fast.

Maybe someone with this lag issue could post a YouTube video showing the lag experience.

In very curious as to how bad it really is.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Eject_Porkins

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems as though there are many contradictory opinions regarding possible screen lag on the Lumia 900. Some say it's noticeable while others say it's fast.

Maybe someone with this lag issue could post a YouTube video showing the lag experience.

In very curious as to how bad it really is.

The best description I can give is the kinetic scrolling seemed to be almost non existent. There wasn't really lag between when I touched the screen and when it responded. It was responsive, but I couldn't make a flick gesture to scroll...I had to keep my finger on the screen to make it move. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but after witnessing the issue, it was a major buzzkill.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry so much about something that could be easily fixed with an update
If it really is an issue
I hope that it can be fixed through an update and isn't a screen hardware problem ....AT&T is just such a pain for updates with everything other than iPhone. I may end up just waiting a month or so and wait until all the reviews come in....even though I want the phone asap.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
If it really is an issue
I hope that it can be fixed through an update and isn't a screen hardware problem ....AT&T is just such a pain for updates with everything other than iPhone. I may end up just waiting a month or so and wait until all the reviews come in....even though I want the phone asap.

I wouldn't even call it an issue. It's not that serious. Now if it's something like the disappearing keyboard, that's an issue

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If it really is an issue

This is because iPhone updates come from apple at&t has nothing to do with it. MS should do the same

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is because iPhone updates come from apple at&t has nothing to do with it. MS should do the same
I agree. The Android and BlackBerry updates through AT&T are just absolutely pathetic. I had to install another carriers update to get my BB to be a wifi hotspot. IF there is a screen response problem on the Lumia 900 I sure don't want to depend on AT&T to get a firmware update.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If it really is an issue

it's pretty easy to get the generic updates on to your phone manually, so if att doesn't want to release any of the interim updates that come in between the two larger ones, you can do it on your own.

it would be nice if msft had the clout that apple does to demand updates not be held back though.

firmware updates should not have any issues with att slowing them down though, so if there is any issue or tweaking to be done, it should get to you soon after nokia releases it.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The more i read these articles about the "lag" the more i think it is more for the scroll speed that is the issue vs "lag". When a phone lags IMO, it seems glitchy, you scroll and it has inconsistent responses when scrolling with the finger.

What i am reading is that people are trying to scroll fast and it isnt going fast enough which isnt lag, but just the sensitivity is different from other phones.

The a poster has said, you would think a video o fthis would of been uploaded by now to show, but really nobody has. A video would let us clearly understand if this is indeed "lag" vs scroll sensitivity being different.

doejoe007

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
The so called lag they describe is no scrolling acceleration when moving the finger faster than regular speed.

i.e. you have to move the finger three four times to scroll through main menu since flicking the finger provides no response.

Obviously common enough to reproduce, but i've only personally seen it once in a third party app about two weeks ago when I just got it. Have not seen it in more than 2 weeks now though.

Wonder if it's some sort of bug which requires a quick reboot to fix. Who knows. Seemed like a software issue anyway.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't even call it an issue. It's not that serious. Now if it's something like the disappearing keyboard, that's an issue

This is probably the major reason why I'm not going to miss my Titan. What a PIA it's been dealing with this.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
There is no lag, it's a slow scrolling problem. And it is not a problem but it can be an inconvenience. Certainly very fixable, but right now kind of annoying. It can't be put on video because you have to actually be feeling the screen to understand how much you are trying to scroll.

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not canceling my order. I want to experience for myself. Seems like there are a lot of people who are all over the place and not real detailed when describing the 900

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Judging by the descriptions about this apparent lag I tried to emulate it with my sometimes working HTC surround. From what I can tell it may just be the way WP7 responds on the larger screen is more noticeable. I loaded up the Surround home screen with as many tiles as I had apps and no matter how fast I whipped my finger cross the screen the tiles wouldn't move faster than the "top speed" for scrolling.

If this is the issue that people are describing then it isn't an issue at all.

I'll see for myself next week at the AT&T store....but I'm not worried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon