Official Review Summary

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Found a nice summary of some official 900 reviews. This came from a user commenting on Josh Topolsky's negative 900 review on theverge.com

Engadget
Nokia?s Lumia 900 is a steal for consumers looking for dependable performance, ease of use, LTE connectivity, an attractive design and reasonable price.

CNET
4/5 Stars
The Nokia Lumia 900?s unique design and high-end features make Windows Phone look fantastic, and the $99 price is extremely fair. Despite some flaws, this is my favorite Windows Phone yet.

Gizmodo:
4/5 stars
The Lumia 900 is a phone that every single person should consider owning.

BGR
Nokia?s Lumia 900 is a terrific smartphone that gives Windows Phone its best shot yet to succeed. The hardware is well-designed and unique, the software is intelligent and smooth, the price is right, and the 4G data speeds along with excellent reception and call quality seal the deal. AT&T?s new flagship phone is not without its faults, of course, but this handset can most certainly go head to head with the best devices on the market when it launches on April 8th.

Techcrunch
It?s quick, elegant, brings something fresh to the table by way of Windows Phone, and is going for a ridiculously cheap price point.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes they are.

My take from reading them all:

Beautiful design, BUT not as beautiful as the Lumia 800
Beautiful screen BUT with low pixel density
Great Camera quality BUT only with correct lighting
Great video quality BUT only 720p
LTE! BUT not as fast LTE
Good battery life BUT only for an LTE device
great sound quality BUT echoes at high volumes
great operating system BUT immature with many shortcomings

Great value......

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
that verge dude sucks they only give good reviews to android phones they dog apple and windows oh and josh was on palms nuts sack and they had no ecosystem for that pre crap i remember him going on tv shows like jimmy fallon with the palm pre and how great it was gonna be yeah 1. it was plastic crap , 2. no ecosystem, 3 had a okay os that could have been something had it been treated right... so i see windows use to dominate i remember when everyone had tytn's and all of those other phones so i think they can return to good ole days go windows i am rooting and regardless of verge's drunk douche bag given it in his posh voice bad review this phone will jump start it and i can't wait for the next gen for this OS and what nokia has to offer ..

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Josh Topolsky is a grade A a**hole. He has a vendetta against Microsoft and has always been trying to discredit WP7 and Windows in general going back to his days on Engadget. His entire review sounds bitter, and nitpicking just so he could give the phone a bad score. He barely talked about the phone and just started ranting about apps and ecosystem bs.

He claims to use an Android phone, but don't be fooled because that's just to mask his love for all things Apple. In fact him giving the 900 a bad score means it's probably a really good device.

edit: sadly a lot of other news sites are using that knob end Josh's review on their sites too.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was actually quite surprised to see Josh do the 900 review. Vlad Savov did the 800 review. One would think he would be best suited to review Nokia's next big release. Granted, Vlad is in a different country, but it a large network like the Verge shouldn't have a problem getting products into the right hands (especially considering there is a international 900 being released). Seems like Josh was more concerned about putting his rubber stamp on the 900 review so that the Verge can have an "official" stance on WP7.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Josh Topolsky is a grade A a**hole. He has a vendetta against Microsoft and has always been trying to discredit WP7 and Windows in general going back to his days on Engadget. His entire review sounds bitter, and nitpicking just so he could give the phone a bad score. He barely talked about the phone and just started ranting about apps and ecosystem bs.

He claims to use an Android phone, but don't be fooled because that's just to mask his love for all things Apple. In fact him giving the 900 a bad score means it's probably a really good device.

edit: sadly a lot of other news sites are using that knob end Josh's review on their sites too.

I've not seen a site using Josh's review....lot's of reviews on the web now and most are positive

grameer_poleece

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone see if the reviewers covered audio quality when using headphones? I listen to music a lot and my focus sucks compared to my Zune and iPhone 4 (when I had it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa