The review to end all! IS YOUR OWN

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have to come out and say this first. All these reviews by websites etc etc are all dramatically different and I wanted to tell you all a secret! THE ONLY REVIEW THAT MATTERS IS YOUR OWN IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS!!!! Specs DONT matter, reviews DONT matter all that matters is how the phone WORKS for YOU!!! In the end people put so much credence on these tools and their reviews and the stupid spec sheet that alot of good if not great phones get passed over! So please wipe all this crap away and just focus on you and your use :) THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT THANK YOU:D

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
LOL. Too many people worried about their image and ego. Some guys can be worse than women sometimes. No phone is perfect. Your gonna want a new one within 6 months to a year anyway cause there's always something better coming. If a phone was perfect, you'd never want or need a new phone (which is bad for business, they are in a business to sell phones!)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
True that spec comparisons (and app count), performance numbers and are objective observations, while, UX is more subjective. But a device, any device, is more than just numbers. For me, the UX "is" the most important feature. And as the OP points out, only "you" can make that determination.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
LOL. Too many people worried about their image and ego. Some guys can be worse than women sometimes. No phone is perfect. Your gonna want a new one within 6 months to a year anyway cause there's always something better coming. If a phone was perfect, you'd never want or need a new phone (which is bad for business, they are in a business to sell phones!)

Exactly!! Spec whores just like really whores. Bouncing from thing to thing and they always want a new one

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have to come out and say this first. All these reviews by websites etc etc are all dramatically different and I wanted to tell you all a secret! THE ONLY REVIEW THAT MATTERS IS YOUR OWN IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS!!!! Specs DONT matter, reviews DONT matter all that matters is how the phone WORKS for YOU!!! In the end people put so much credence on these tools and their reviews and the stupid spec sheet that alot of good if not great phones get passed over! So please wipe all this crap away and just focus on you and your use :) THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT THANK YOU:D

-Insert Cool Story Bro Statement here- ;)

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Another thing is, the apps, a lot of people have a problem with it, yet we have a handful maybe even less we even use. I for one only use Alien Blue (Reddit App), Facebook, Tweetbot (Twitter App) and foursquare. Every now and then Instagram. Does one need a variety of Facebook apps, like it has in iOS? No we just need one and that's it. Windows phone already comes with a camera app that can take your black and whites for you. It doesn't matter how many apps you have. You're going to find something. People need to get over that app issue.

zwhohebe

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I have had my samsung focus for maybe a year or longer and dont necessarily need a new phone. Im happy with the focus currently but have reading a lot into the 900 and finally got over to an ATT store. they showed me the cyan and it felt every bit as many reviews are describing in terms of feel. I didnt notice a sensitivity issue at all regarding the screen when scrolling or tapping tiles as i heard samsungs possessed faster scrolling. speaker was very loud to me as well. I did forget to try out the vibrate however that really isnt a deal breaker. I was mainly afraid of the scrolling, the width and size overall and how that translates to me carrying it in my pocket. Literally holding it for less than 10 mins I ordered it. Even better, while I was checking out they told me it was actually $50. Theres absolutely zero reason to put off trying this phone. I have ample LTE coverage in town and in the suburbs where I live so I jumped. Friday delivery also confirmed. The reps seemed quite knowledgable and open to the OS and loved the nokia. thanks.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Another thing is, the apps, a lot of people have a problem with it, yet we have a handful maybe even less we even use. I for one only use Alien Blue (Reddit App), Facebook, Tweetbot (Twitter App) and foursquare. Every now and then Instagram. Does one need a variety of Facebook apps, like it has in iOS? No we just need one and that's it. Windows phone already comes with a camera app that can take your black and whites for you. It doesn't matter how many apps you have. You're going to find something. People need to get over that app issue.

Careful, you are going to anger the beast...:) It's nice to see someone that isn't blinded by brand loyalty. I can see where some apps could be an issue, but most people, like you said, don't really use many apps with any sort of regularity. I have an iPad that I regularly use...3 apps...Safari, HBO Go, and Netflix. Lol. Almost everything else I try a few times and never use again.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Another well placed argument. I currently have 45 of the 100+ apps I have installed on my phone and out of those 45 I use maybe 10 and thats pushing it

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
That whole app argument is stupid. For one people act like iphone and android always had that many apps. Every platform had to start somewhere. You can't compare an OS that's been out for a year to one that's been out for 4-5 years. Also, It's always an issue when Windows Phone doesn't have a certain app but it's never an issue when those platforms don't have apps we have exclusive. It's a double standard and people just want Microsoft to fail. It's like google and apple can do no wrong to the masses. I remember before mango, everyone would go on about how many features Windows Phone was missing but never highlighted what was unique about it. All of a sudden the iphone 4S copied a lot of those unique Windows Phone features, and it's cool now that iphone has it but it wasn't when Windows Phone did it. No one complained about the iphone not having those features before

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
That whole app argument is stupid. For one people act like iphone and android always had that many apps. Every platform had to start somewhere. You can't compare an OS that's been out for a year to one that's been out for 4-5 years. Also, It's always an issue when Windows Phone doesn't have a certain app but it's never an issue when those platforms don't have apps we have exclusive. It's a double standard and people just want Microsoft to fail. It's like google and apple can do no wrong to the masses. I remember before mango, everyone would go on about how many features Windows Phone was missing but never highlighted what was unique about it. All of a sudden the iphone 4S copied a lot of those unique Windows Phone features, and it's cool now that iphone has it but it wasn't when Windows Phone did it. No one complained about the iphone not having those features before

exactly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills