Anyone else considering the Titan II?

jimmyjunk30

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey all! So I have a Cyan L900 pre ordered.

Have been reading the reviews and am a bit let down by reports of the mediocre camera.

I stopped by my local ATT store today and was checking out the Titan. I love the build quality and screen size. The 4.3 inch Focus S next to it looked small. I realize its not amoled but the S-LCD looked pretty good to me.

The other thing I like about the Titan, and I assume the Titan II, is the back lit camera sensor, which I guess helps a lot in low light.

Was thinking about grabbing the Titan II instead, but that would end up costing me $150 more. Wondering if its worth it?

Anyone else considering the Titan II?

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting the Titan II on Monday. I was a little concerned about the screen too. However, I have also viewed it in person and it seems to look pretty good to me. I'm currently use a Focus and I love the screen.

The main concern I have is the voice quality that was reported in the original Titan. I hope this will be resolved for the II.

I love the screen size and can't wait for Monday!

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No. I am on my 3rd Titan 1 and ATT NEVER gave us the firmware updates it needed. There are not as likely to hold back firmware/patches on a Nokia device.

Not to mention that the build quality on the Lumia is sure to be better as the Titan 1 left allot to be desired.

Also, Nokia Apps are better than HTC

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
At first the Titan II seemed like a no-brainer to me. I'd say every spec except battery is better when compared to the Lumia 900, and I enjoy my original Titan. Then I started seriously debating between the 900 and the Titan II but now after checking out reviews I'm almost positive I'm going with the TII. After using the original Titan and I really don't think I could go back to using a smaller screen. The TII is the same width as and less than 5mm taller than the 900 yet with a .4" bigger screen. I would have preferred if Nokia took advantage of the wasted space. The original Titan's build quality is great (compared to the Focus S) and the camera is good... Titan II's camera should only be better. The only thing that could sway me away from the TII is terrible battery life or some other glaring issue. In that case I *might* just pick up the 900 because I need those LTE speeds.

Last edited:

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed from the camera performance from the reviews myself, but I realize that Nokia has no say in the camera software processing at this point. Nokia has always had the best camera phones because the phones ran Nokia's OS (Symbian). They were in control of all the post-processing. That is why the 41 MP giant PureView 808 is running Symbian and not WP - because Nokia has control of the software.

I have the N8, the second best cameraphone to the 808, and I plan to keep it around as my digital camera. The shooter on the Lumia 900 is good enough for me, and I am sure I can use the Creative Suite from Nokia to fix up photos that are less-than-stellar.

If the camera is what is deterring you from this phone, then so be it. I guarantee the Titan II will have a much worse display (being so large + low res + LCD) but to his/her their own.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I like my titan but putting it next to the 900 was an eye opener. The colors on the screen was much better on the 900.

I am one my second titan. My first one died within 30 days. I would say the 900 is better quality.

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what is dude talking about titan 2 specs dude its the same phone practically as the first titan just 16meg camera and that extra chip for the processing of raw picture and add lte so *********ing what homie the lumia brings a fresh design the last time something fresh came on the scene it was a iphone and then everyone started with the slabs now watch if this is successful the future sammy fanny phones will be coming in cyan and have the same shape as the lumia's its funny all android phones are like robots that replicate itself over and over and over again the same look same design just stuffs its guts with more chips and chips and more quads of chips and saucccccce,. folks run and by those galaxy phones and they are just bigger versions of the old one with more chips in the inside same design humps on the back and all kinds of shizzles.... freakin robot replicating itself getting cheaper with each release of a new phone. anyone see the old turd bag from the wallstreet j do his deal he dissed the lumia saying even low budget androids are better get the f**K out of here maannn take all those blogs and throw it on the ground........whew

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed from the camera performance from the reviews myself, but I realize that Nokia has no say in the camera software processing at this point. Nokia has always had the best camera phones because the phones ran Nokia's OS (Symbian). They were in control of all the post-processing. That is why the 41 MP giant PureView 808 is running Symbian and not WP - because Nokia has control of the software.

I have the N8, the second best cameraphone to the 808, and I plan to keep it around as my digital camera. The shooter on the Lumia 900 is good enough for me, and I am sure I can use the Creative Suite from Nokia to fix up photos that are less-than-stellar.

If the camera is what is deterring you from this phone, then so be it. I guarantee the Titan II will have a much worse display (being so large + low res + LCD) but to his/her their own.
Much worse display? Have you seen the Titan's screen at all or just assuming it sucks? WP Central's review of the Titan says "The Titan's screen quality definitely will hold its own up against the Super AMOLED screens and is of better quality than the Super LCD screen of the HD7S. There seems to be a touch more contrast, brightness and color saturation with the Titan's screen when compared to other HTC Windows Phones which helps the Titan's performance indoors and outdoors."
"The screen quality is up there with the Super AMOLED screens and the screen size makes games/videos a little more enjoyable. Pictures seem to have more "pop" with the larger display, text is easier to read, and you have more real estate to view webpages."
I came from the SAMOLED screen of the Focus and have no issues with the Titan's screen even though I was worried I would. And I thought it was much better that the SAMOLED+ screen on the Focus S that had terrible ghosting, way too oversaturated, and occasional flashing horizontal lines. Yes Nokia's ClearBlack display looks better, the black are deep and it looks great BUT on it's own the Titan's screen is pretty good.

Screen size is subjective to the user and just because a screen is bigger doesn't mean it's worse. To me a smaller 4.3" screen is "worse". And "Low res"... just as low as the 900 and every other Windows phone. I think you mean low PPI, which is another story (and is probably only noticeable if you go looking for it). The Titan's screen doesn't look bad at all, and since this is the case the larger size is more important to me.

Nokia may not have full control of software camera processing but they do get some room to get creative if they wanted. Look at HTC who offers burst and panoramic modes built into the camera app. And I would argue that Nokia's issue is not a software one at all. You can't say it's the software's fault that Nokia didn't include a BSI on their camera that would increase performance in low-light settings.

what is dude talking about titan 2 specs dude its the same phone practically as the first titan just 16meg camera and that extra chip for the processing of raw picture and add lte so *********ing what homie the lumia brings a fresh design the last time something fresh came on the scene it was a iphone and then everyone started with the slabs now watch if this is successful the future sammy fanny phones will be coming in cyan and have the same shape as the lumia's its funny all android phones are like robots that replicate itself over and over and over again the same look same design just stuffs its guts with more chips and chips and more quads of chips and saucccccce,. folks run and by those galaxy phones and they are just bigger versions of the old one with more chips in the inside same design humps on the back and all kinds of shizzles.... freakin robot replicating itself getting cheaper with each release of a new phone. anyone see the old turd bag from the wallstreet j do his deal he dissed the lumia saying even low budget androids are better get the f**K out of here maannn take all those blogs and throw it on the ground........whew

Yes the Titan II is just the Titan with a 16mp camera, LTE, and a larger battery. I said that I believe the specs of the TII are better than the Lumia 900 because of the faster clocked processor, the larger screen (yes it's not ClearBlack but TO ME the larger screen is a better spec), and a comparison of cameras is yet to be seen but possibly a better camera. All the other specs (RAM, storage) are even. I wasn't talking about design, I was talking about specs. No one is denying the Lumia's have a unique and sexy design.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T Titan and love it. TheTitan II will add nothing but greatness to a great phone.* as long as they fix the WiFi and muffled sound. Both of which I believe can be attributed to the aluminum backing of the original Titan; the Titan II has a plastic back, I believe.

And about HTC not having great apps, look up HTC in the marketplace. All of their apps are beautifully written and efficient. I'm in love with the new Locations app with turn by turn and offline maps. I've never been more proud to own an HTC WP and I look forward to supporting them in the future.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The OP is referring to the many reviews (nearly all) that comment on one or more aspects of the Lumia 900's camera to not be "up to par."

Laptop mag: bad in low light

The Verge: mediocre

wpcentral: bad in low light

Engadget: disappointing

and many more.

You're actually taking The Verge's review serious? And you got eyes, what do you think about the pictures you've seen? I think they're excellent, but not as good in low light. Not a deal breaker at all.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

tbeagl

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You're actually taking The Verge's review serious? And you got eyes, what do you think about the pictures you've seen? I think they're excellent, but not as good in low light. Not a deal breaker at all.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Looking at his recent post he's having buyer's remorse and is trying to convince himself to not get the lumia

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC devices have weak cellular radios thats a fact and the Titan has been no different. This is one of the major reasons why the Titan will be my last HTC device.

Also anyone thinking the build quality of the Titan 2 will be anywhere near the original Titan is in for a rude awakening.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC devices have weak cellular radios thats a fact and the Titan has been no different. This is one of the major reasons why the Titan will be my last HTC device.

Also anyone thinking the build quality of the Titan 2 will be anywhere near the original Titan is in for a rude awakening.

I'm on the same boat dude. I am on my 3rd Titan and it will be my last HTC device...

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Huh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99