Kudos to this AT&T corporate store emp!

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had ordered my Lumia 900 online for the short time that it was $0. My wife (bless her heart) had always wanted an iPhone. We were moving to an area where Verizon was non-existant and AT&T was great. We went to the AT&T corporate store in Charlottesville, Va. to get her an iPhone (we did that - CURSE THE DAY). I explained the situation and the sales rep said he could match $0 on the online order and also gave me much better pricing on the whole deal! He answered my call to his cell phone yesterday AFTER HOURS with questions I had. He called me this afternoon with my tracking number for the Lumia 900 because he knew I didn't have the confirmation e-mail yet. He did, but remember that he had to check for it WITHOUT ME ASKING!

This man's name is Andrew Collings. If you are in the Charlottesville, Va area you can't do better. He has three numbers listed on his business card. They are not intuitively labeled so I will list all three:

It is seldom that one of us has a really good experience. He really seems to take his job seriously and goes beyond the normal. I am not fully explaining all that he went through, but I know that, no matter how small or how big your problem is, he would do his best to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronchow

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You should also sent an appreciation email or letter to the AT&T headquarters as well. :)

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It's a great feeling you are encounter with such great service when you least expect. Good for you hopefully folks would see your experience and give him more business. He deserves it.

In my case, it was quite opposite. I went to my local store to give them my business so that they get credit. The store manager referred me to one of their reps to help me in my pre-order. He initially tried to sell me an Android phone repeatedly. Later on, he ordered my device as if he was doing me a favor. He refused to help me when I called the store to get the status of my pre-order, saying that he will not have any update and the status is notified to me directly via email (which could be true, but he could have put it in a more decent way).

kevinrstruck

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had ordered my Lumia 900 online for the short time that it was $0. My wife (bless her heart) had always wanted an iPhone. We were moving to an area where Verizon was non-existant and AT&T was great. We went to the AT&T corporate store in Charlottesville, Va. to get her an iPhone (we did that - CURSE THE DAY). I explained the situation and the sales rep said he could match $0 on the online order and also gave me much better pricing on the whole deal! He answered my call to his cell phone yesterday AFTER HOURS with questions I had. He called me this afternoon with my tracking number for the Lumia 900 because he knew I didn't have the confirmation e-mail yet. He did, but remember that he had to check for it WITHOUT ME ASKING!

This man's name is Andrew Collings. If you are in the Charlottesville, Va area you can't do better. He has three numbers listed on his business card. They are not intuitively labeled so I will list all three:

It is seldom that one of us has a really good experience. He really seems to take his job seriously and goes beyond the normal. I am not fully explaining all that he went through, but I know that, no matter how small or how big your problem is, he would do his best to help.

Markgrif - AKA Andrew Collings...;)

Just kidding...glad to hear you had a good experience...

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a great feeling you are encounter with such great service when you least expect. Good for you hopefully folks would see your experience and give him more business. He deserves it.

In my case, it was quite opposite. I went to my local store to give them my business so that they get credit. The store manager referred me to one of their reps to help me in my pre-order. He initially tried to sell me an Android phone repeatedly. Later on, he ordered my device as if he was doing me a favor. He refused to help me when I called the store to get the status of my pre-order, saying that he will not have any update and the status is notified to me directly via email (which could be true, but he could have put it in a more decent way).
That's why I started this thread. It doesn't happen often that you deal with someone that does what you think should be done! Your experience is too much the norm.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
That's why I started this thread. It doesn't happen often that you deal with someone that does what you think should be done! Your experience is too much the norm.

I envy you. I live in Herndon, VA. I haven't seen anything like you've got over here.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
that's awesome, personally i've also been quite happy with the drastic improvement with at&t's customer service coming from verizon, who used to be great in regards to CS, but have really gone downhill to the point of where i really hated going into a store for anything because i felt like i was going into a used car dealership.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
There are many very good reps at AT&T just like him. The problem is when someone has a bad experience they want to tell everyone. When someone has a good experience they seldom tell anyone.

Enjoy your new phone. :)

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
There are many very good reps at AT&T just like him. The problem is when someone has a bad experience they want to tell everyone. When someone has a good experience they seldom tell anyone.

Thats 100% true. FYI AT&T is #1 among all US carriers for IN STORE customer service by JD Power and Associates.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I have had a few friend work at ATT over the years, and they all told me the same thing. If there is a problem or you need to make a purchase always go in store. They can help you out, and have much more control over what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo