(Official) I just got my Lumia 900

drgeri

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to wpcentral! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying your Lumia 900.

I plan to keep mine awhile. I'm not disappointed that it won't get WP8, since it already does everything I need at this time.

Thanks! The only bad thing is that i cant figure out how to live update tiles..its annoying.
Only emails are live updated but slower than ios and android. Facebook and other chat apps dont update at all unless i go to that specific app

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! The only bad thing is that i cant figure out how to live update tiles..its annoying.

Only emails are live updated but slower than ios and android. Facebook and other chat apps dont update at all unless i go to that specific app

I only use WhatsApp, and it updates.

Sorry, I can't help with Facebook. I got rid of Facebook 2 years ago.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a new Lumia 900 in cyan Friday. I'm on the fence whether to keep it or not. I like the build and color but somethings just missing. Can't figure it out. I also have a Galaxy Note, Blackberry Bold 9900 to compare it to.

adipabeta

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
trading appetite :p

Just traded my 2 and half year old iPhone 4 for a lumia 900. Couldn't be more stoked about this phone. Bye bye boring iOS.
i want too... :-( trading my amazing 8 years old n-gage classic with cyan lumia 900. :p lumia 920 and 820 said being available here at december 4th. just wait a price cut for lumia 900. :)

ultrariver

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: trading appetite :p

Hi!
Just got my black Lumia 900 with Telcel in Mexico. I have been a huge iPhone user from the first edition to iPhone 5. Then I wanted to try and switched to a Galaxy S3, great phone, fantastic screen yet Android...mmmm. I was always curious to try a WP, loved the look of the tiles and I do love the phone now.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my white L900 that replaced my Focus 2. This is one nice piece of hardware. I like it better than the iPhone 4 I have. I can't say a single negative thing about the hardware.

Saying that, and I am running this side by side with my Focus 2. The processing and screen/touch sensitivity seem...off. Sometimes I'll hit the back button once and nothing happens, then I tap it again and it opens up the multi-tasking windows. It takes a bit of time to get used to, I've learned to use this phone a bit differently than the Focus 2 and Focus. After a short period of time, I actually checked and double checked to make sure I had all of the updates and I do.

Overall, I am extremely happy but the actual UI and processing doesn't seem as smooth as my other WP's.

Update: Glaring issues are starting to pop up as using the phone more. The buttons on the bottom of the phone are extremely frustrating. Hitting the back button while playing almost any game opens up the multi-tasking windows. My phone also has the dreaded vibration rattle - it's frustrating. I had to turn off vibrate notifications.

I am still pretty happy with this but after doing some research, Nokia has known about the input lag, button issues, and vibration rattles for months with no fix as of yet.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you buy your 900 new? The vibration problem popped up on some of the earlier models but I haven't seen anyone with that particular defect in a while.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a used black Lumia 900 for a really good price. The phone is almost new no scratches and I'm really impressed coming from a Samsung focus. The faster processor and LTE speeds really makes a big difference I notice. Can't wait to have 7.8 update on this phone!

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got my white L900 that replaced my Focus 2. This is one nice piece of hardware. I like it better than the iPhone 4 I have. I can't say a single negative thing about the hardware.

Saying that, and I am running this side by side with my Focus 2. The processing and screen/touch sensitivity seem...off. Sometimes I'll hit the back button once and nothing happens, then I tap it again and it opens up the multi-tasking windows. It takes a bit of time to get used to, I've learned to use this phone a bit differently than the Focus 2 and Focus. After a short period of time, I actually checked and double checked to make sure I had all of the updates and I do.

Overall, I am extremely happy but the actual UI and processing doesn't seem as smooth as my other WP's.

Update: Glaring issues are starting to pop up as using the phone more. The buttons on the bottom of the phone are extremely frustrating. Hitting the back button while playing almost any game opens up the multi-tasking windows. My phone also has the dreaded vibration rattle - it's frustrating. I had to turn off vibrate notifications.

I am still pretty happy with this but after doing some research, Nokia has known about the input lag, button issues, and vibration rattles for months with no fix as of yet.

I bought a cyan 900 back when they came out on a new plan. I absolutely love it. Had a Samsung focus as my first which I did love as well but the 900 is just sexy!

The reason I quoted you is because I did have that back button problem as you mentioned. Annoyed the **** out of me but I did learn that it is a defect... In fact it did not even have the vibrate rattle. Obviously they switched the phone out for me and I was so relieved that the 900 didn't do the back button/multitasking issue! Only downside is I now have the vibrate rattle :/

Oh well!! Fair trade off and I still love this phone anyways. I really really want 7.8

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You are right, Dan. I received my replacement L900 yesterday and it's amazing. The people at Nokia wanted to make sure that what I was experiencing was, in fact, a default of my device. I was worried that it plagued most 900's.

The replacement device they sent me is amazing! I am so relieved that most of the issues seemed to be the old unit as this new unit has no issues.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You are right, Dan. I received my replacement L900 yesterday and it's amazing. The people at Nokia wanted to make sure that what I was experiencing was, in fact, a default of my device. I was worried that it plagued most 900's.

The replacement device they sent me is amazing! I am so relieved that most of the issues seemed to be the old unit as this new unit has no issues.

Good I'm glad. I want windows phone to do well and Nokia. So I'm glad Nokia is making good with their customers. I love the lumia, I want the 920 but can't afford it. Plus my 900 does what I need and when I get the 7.8 update I'll be very happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte