Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RonV42
  1. RonV42's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
       #1  
    I don't know if this is real or not but the phone shows 4G data when connected to the AT&T microcell. I have only seen the LTE indicator come on when I go outside.

    So far the phone is working great with the microcell. I need to test for the power drain issue where when you have data turned on the phone will rapidly discharge when connected to the microcell. I will follow up later if the issue doesn't happen with the Lumia 900.
    Thanked by:
    krayziehustler likes this.
  2. #2  
    4G on this phone means HSPA+, it's ATT on labeling coming back to haunt them....

    please let us know, I have a microcell at work and can't test it out untill Monday
  3. fogel35's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #3  
    Got a MicroCell myself and it hooked right up after activating the microSim. So far so good.
  4. fogel35's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have noticed that the MicroCell eats its battery pretty fast ( charging again after about 7 hours). I really think having a no sleep wifi policy would help the performance of the battery on the MicroCell.

    Anyone else see noticeable battery difference when on microcell?
  5. RonV42's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
       #5  
    Yes the battery issue with cell data turned on connected to a 3G Microcell is still happening with my new Lumia 900. I had a fully changed battery on the phone before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning the batter was down to 22%. Looks like I am going to have to do the same as my Focus and turn off cell data when I get home every day.

    I may just unplug the microcell for a few days to see if the LTE coverage in my home is better then 3G and if battery holds up....I'll keep everyone posted.

    Oh and I am getting 2 bars of LTE at home where I would get no to one bar of 3G when I didn't have the microcell.
  6. HillBillJr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonV42 View Post
    Yes the battery issue with cell data turned on connected to a 3G Microcell is still happening with my new Lumia 900. I had a fully changed battery on the phone before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning the batter was down to 22%. Looks like I am going to have to do the same as my Focus and turn off cell data when I get home every day.

    I may just unplug the microcell for a few days to see if the LTE coverage in my home is better then 3G and if battery holds up....I'll keep everyone posted.

    Oh and I am getting 2 bars of LTE at home where I would get no to one bar of 3G when I didn't have the microcell.
    You still need 3G to make voice calls. LTE is data only.
  7. RonV42's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HillBillJr View Post
    You still need 3G to make voice calls. LTE is data only.
    AT&T plans to add LTE voice calling by 2013

    Support for inter-operation and co-existence with legacy standards (e.g. GSM/EDGE, UMTS and CDMA2000). Users can start a call or transfer of data in an area using an LTE standard, and, should coverage be unavailable, continue the operation without any action on their part using GSM/GPRS or W-CDMA-based UMTS or even 3GPP2 networks such as cdmaOne or CDMA2000)
    Last edited by RonV42; 04-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.
  8. alpinestars1z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,453 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonV42 View Post
    AT&T plans to add LTE voice calling by 2013

    Support for inter-operation and co-existence with legacy standards (e.g. GSM/EDGE, UMTS and CDMA2000). Users can start a call or transfer of data in an area using an LTE standard, and, should coverage be unavailable, continue the operation without any action on their part using GSM/GPRS or W-CDMA-based UMTS or even 3GPP2 networks such as cdmaOne or CDMA2000)
    I think he meant data only for the time being. But yes, voice over LTE is certainly coming.
  9. Ochowie84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #9  
    Has anyone had problems connecting their device to their microcell? I just got my phone and it doesn't want to connect. I've cycled the device and the microcell both.
  10. RonV42's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ochowie84 View Post
    Has anyone had problems connecting their device to their microcell? I just got my phone and it doesn't want to connect. I've cycled the device and the microcell both.
    You may have to remove your phone and re-add it to the MicroCell. I had an issue where one of my kids were away for 3 months and when they got back their phone would no longer re-connect even though it was registered. I removed their phone number and added it back and in 10 minutes they were connecting again.
  11. Ochowie84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonV42 View Post
    You may have to remove your phone and re-add it to the MicroCell. I had an issue where one of my kids were away for 3 months and when they got back their phone would no longer re-connect even though it was registered. I removed their phone number and added it back and in 10 minutes they were connecting again.
    I couldn't remove my phone number since the device is registered to my number, but after a longer power cycle it seems to be working correctly now.

Posting Permissions