Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    For me,

1) I must say that the camera is pretty mediocre...Very dusty looking pictures when taking pics of my office. Need to play with it more outside and mess with some settings, so far, no impressed.

2) SMUDGE!! either my fingers are dirty as **** or this thing attracts smudgeness and grease like flys on sh1t...little annoying.

3) I miss my homebrew apps :( somebody unlock this thing!

Other than that, im happy-
    too soon bro

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    It does attract more fingerprints than my iPhone, but for some reason, they don't affect readability of the screen. It's as if I see right through them, whereas if smudges accumulated on my Samsung Focus or iPhone, the screen would be nigh unreadable.

I haven't had a chance to mess around with the camera much. Seemed to work just find in the outdoor shots I took, I'll have to play with it some more indoors.

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Had the focus S, while is smudged some like any other phone, it was very limited. I was very impressed by the lack of smudgeness on my focus S. The 900, it just shows, but like you said, doesn't effect the visibility.

I must admit the retina text display I will miss on my iPhone 4 for a bit, but the interface, smoothness, speed, and overall quality make this a keeper for me. IOS goodbye, I'm a believer

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Only thing I don't like is the vibrate. Doesn't feel/sound right

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    It was a little weird at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

Global Posts
    3,577 Global Posts
    It's a little jarring having apps reload all over again every time. No suspended states and resume. Isn't there some fast app switching or something with mango?

Also, twitter app; always reloads and takes me to the top of my new tweets. No way I will remember where I last checked. Lame.

Oh yea, the vibrate sounds very strange. Almost like my electric razor but a lesser version. Also quite weak.

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sting2k7 View Post
    It's a little jarring having apps reload all over again every time. No suspended states and resume. Isn't there some fast app switching or something with mango?
    Press and hold the back button and it will bring up your six last used apps, which are held in a suspended state.

I really, really, REALLY wish that they had gone with curved glass like the 800. Wish the vibrator was more like an HTC module and less "Samsungy". But mostly I wish people would stop staring at it every time I pull it out of my pocket ;-) JK, I like that.

Global Posts
    3,577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Press and hold the back button and it will bring up your six last used apps, which are held in a suspended state.

I really, really, REALLY wish that they had gone with curved glass like the 800. Wish the vibrator was more like an HTC module and less "Samsungy". But mostly I wish people would stop staring at it every time I pull it out of my pocket ;-) JK, I like that.
    Ah, cool. Thanks man. Looks like the cards from webOS.

You know I see that brought up a lot in various posts around the net about the switch of the glass from the Lumia 800. I must say I think prefer the flat glass.

This vibrator though...very strange.

Well I'm off for tonight. Lumia is all charged up and ready for it's first night on the town. Time for real world use. Can't wait to show it off!

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    My gripes so far is that you can't pinch to zoom the month view in the calendar. Also not sure if you can see a weeks view either.

Wanted to add another. Really would like to see a no sleep mode wi-fi option.
    Last edited by fogel35; 04-06-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    plus 1

Lack of Pandora, WP7 Connector on Mac is slow as ****, no manual brightness change, I am sure I will find more later.

For all the gripes about this screen it looks pretty damn nice to me.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fogel35 View Post
    Wanted to add another. Really would like to see a no sleep mode wi-fi option.
    What does this mean? Does wifi turn off when the phone goes to sleep forcing emails etc. to be pushed on 3G/4G data when the phone is off?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    What does this mean? Does wifi turn off when the phone goes to sleep forcing emails etc. to be pushed on 3G/4G data when the phone is off?
    No, read Jimski's post. It explains it pretty well: Push notifications
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    My only complaint is the keyboard sound setting is a bit too low. My Surround when set at 3 volume the keyboard can be heard clearly...but the lumia I can only get that feedback when its at 20 or above.....then the ringer or music is booming. An update allowing for separate volume between ringer,system ,and media would make this phone a 10 for me.

I think the pictures come out great. Easily as nice as my wife's iPhone....IMHO

GPS...I have never had a phone that worked this well ...the GPS signal locks on almost immediately....just awesome. No more waving the phone around like my Samsung and HTC Android phones.

Quote Originally Posted by gaiking View Post
    My only complaint is the keyboard sound setting is a bit too low. My Surround when set at 3 volume the keyboard can be heard clearly...but the lumia I can only get that feedback when its at 20 or above.....then the ringer or music is booming. An update allowing for separate volume between ringer,system ,and media would make this phone a 10 for me.

GPS...I have never had a phone that worked this well ...the GPS signal locks on almost immediately....just awesome. No more waving the phone around like my Samsung and HTC Android phones.
    Glad to see that the Gps works that well

Quote Originally Posted by gaiking View Post

the "waving the phone around" actually brings up a hilarious scenario to mind... :D would make for a decent ad idea

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    so far I'm impressed. Love the clear black. The pixel density will take some getting used to coming from an iPhone. Especially web browsing. But it's not bad, I'm just spoiled. I've never used Windows phone before and I'm picking it up pretty fast. I love the interface.
    hellomiggy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nascarnate326 View Post
    Lack of Pandora, WP7 Connector on Mac is slow as ****, no manual brightness change, I am sure I will find more later.

You can change the brightness under settings -> brightness. There is auto, low, medium and high. That does bring me to one of my gripes though - low is too bright for nighttime reading in the bedroom.

Also as other people have mentioned, that horrible vibrating noise. My OCD side wants to crack the thing open and find out what's loose.
    Somebody mentioned this the other day but when listening to music with headphones there is an audible hiss when the volume is low/no music playing. Anyone else experience this? Other than that im very happy with the upgrade from the Focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarnate326 View Post

Metro Radio is a pandora client, same experience so try that

there are also 3 screen brightness levels, low, medium and high....

The unit shipped to me is defective. Buttons below dont work and they freeze the whole screen or activate at will. Aside from that frustration, I love the device. Camera tho is subpar.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I use my iphone 4s as my cell, the lumia will function as my home phone. I do have some first impressions that will hope those that use other phones and platforms. This is my first experience with WP since the days of old.
    First- the phone is slick, fast. the OS is simply faster than most even with the animations. it is only limited by my learning curve. IOS is a great OS, but after playing with this one for a day, so is WP.
    Second- again coming from an iphone 4S, the screen is not hardly as good and sharp. Texts and photos are bland, especially when zooming. BUT, that is only because I use both concurrently. I put my iphone down today and forwarded all calls. Now it;s not hardly as noticeable as it once was. The increase in screen size more than compensates for what it may be lacking in pixel density. I really enjoy the colors, if this becomes HD, iphone has real competition in this department.
    Third- apps, but i feel they are coming
    Fourth- vibrate, really? no bueno. it stinks at best. I am sure they will fix this in later models, however, it is what it is. I still have my old nokia and I think, they used the same vibrator, lol.
    Fifth- Reception, absolutely sick. I work in a hospital, deep down in surgery. My iPhone 4s, Skyrocket and Atrix routinely well, SUCK. Lost signal, even wifi random. The nokia Lumia 900 works well, very well. Great signal, receive texts, make calls and data. I dont have to stand on one foot, hold my mouth to the left and jump up and down as I do with the iPhone 4S.
    Lastly- camera, it could be better for 8 MP, not nearly on par with others but the flash is good. I am hoping software updates can CRISP the images up some. Not concerned with speed, options, etc. They are all fairly good. Just make the pictures POP.

Overall, I am satisfied. Really enjoying windows phone and the lumia900. Will I keep, yes.

is there any way I can use of my songs as my ringtone? I'm surprised it doesn't let me do that, I never liked any default ringtones...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast