Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    In various reports, I have seen mention of a built in FM transmitter to stream music to a car radio, but I can't find any settings or controls on the 900 to do this. Has anyone figured it out yet? The manual says nothing about it...

Um....if I'm not mistaken, the 900 doesn't come with a built-in FM transmitter

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Sure doesn't look like it. I thought I had read that it did on a couple-three websites. Not the first time someone has messed that sort of thing up. Maybe I read this one twice:

Nokia Lumia 900 Specs

tech sites sure mess up the lumia 900's specs. just sometime ago i read an article that claimed it came with iCloud and Siri!!! seriously....

Global Posts
    2,811 Global Posts
    I don't know if the 900 comes with one. I have a Trophy and it has one, but I don't really use it.

But my question is, why would you want to stream it to your car radio? Doesn't the car radio have FM? LOL
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    None of the current Windows Phones have a transmitter. All windows phone have a FM receiver built in that only work with headphone. The headphones work as the antenna. If you plug in a set of headphones then go to Zune on you device you will see the FM radio and be able to access tue controls

Hah, that site said the 900 was announced in October 2011, and they don't know what kind of CPU it has. They also call the display a Super AMOLED. You should stick to official sites for specs.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    For Lumia 900 and for all Nokia devices, Nokia developer page lays the final word when it comes to Nokia specs.
    Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 900

No FM transmitter.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenosando View Post
    You should stick to official sites for specs.
    Yeah, I know. Just that I thought I noticed it on enough sites that I thought it was a feature. Not a big deal, as I have a hardwired jack in my car, but it would have been nice in my friend's car that doesn't. Anyway, not a big deal, just thought it would be kinda cool to have the capability...

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I don't know if the 900 comes with one. I have a Trophy and it has one, but I don't really use it.

But my question is, why would you want to stream it to your car radio? Doesn't the car radio have FM? LOL

FM transmitter is used to play your music saved on the phone by setting your phone to transmit signal/music and you just tune your car radio to receive the signal from the phone without buying any extra gadget,

Nope, sadly, FM transmitter is not equipped on Lumia 900 as former expensive NOKIAs, and neither does the NFC exist on Lumia 900 as stated in several tech sites. They've just messed up with the specs...
    i think the people here who do not really know what an fm transmitter is shouldnt reply! really now! its not just a radio, do some reading!
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Beauty View Post
    i think the people here who do not really know what an fm transmitter is shouldnt reply! really now! its not just a radio, do some reading!
    I disagree this is a help forum you know. We come here to help each other. If someone doesn't understand something let's explain it to them in a civil manner and try to help. If you have something helpful to contribute pleas do if you can't help pleas move on to the next thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post

you my friend are an ***** -_-

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    I believe at least the flagship WP8 phones have hardware capability, but it is not being utilized. I wish this could be somehow enabled later on software-wise, cos it's the one feature I miss by far the most from my N8. I only drive cars with nothing more but an FM radio, so the only way to listen to the music I want when I'm driving is an FM transmitter. Been thinking about getting an external one that goes into the 3,5mm plug, but I drive sorta rarely to warrant it, as they arnt exactly cheap.

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdreamer View Post
    Well, I dont :D

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Well, I dont :D
    Oh, misunderstood. Thought you meant a 3.5mm input into the car's stereo. Sorry about that :(