MMS not working

commops7

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the Lumia in hand now, I've 24 hrs. Can't seem to get MMS messages to go through. On my HTC prior, the connection setup app fixed this issue. Since its no longer available on the market, anyone figure how to get around this to fix MMS picture messaging? I can neither send or receive them. It just fails right away.

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem after putting my iPhone 4S SIM into the Lumia 900 -- a call to AT&T got it working again, but if I return to the 4S I'll have to do the same thing again. Ditto for visual voicemail. Bummer.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was receiving some mms's but couldn't send any.
Called ATT, basically just turn your phone off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
Worked for both my lines with lumia's on it.

BrianLFontenot

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Fixed my Lumia

Had the same issue with the internet and my mms of my lumia

Go to settings, cellular, edit pan and enter in this information:

APN User Name Password
isp.cingular isp@cingular.com cingular1

Will fix it after restarting the phone

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue with the internet and my mms of my lumia

Go to settings, cellular, edit pan and enter in this information:

APN User Name Password
isp.cingular isp@cingular.com cingular1

Will fix it after restarting the phone

This only works for data, you would still have to change your MMS settings which Windows Phone 7.5 doesn't allow you to do without a third party app. In this case, that app would be Nokia's "Network Setup," but it's been removed from the marketplace!

If you are just starting with AT&T, i.e. porting your number from another carrier, it is possible that the porting process wasn't quite complete. Give it a day or two and your MMS should start working.

It would definitely help if Nokia put the Network Setup app back up :|

commops7

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Resolved

WARNING: Run on sentences....

After 3 days of on/off phone support with lame AT&T tech staff, there even came a point when the tech admited, "we don't even know how to support this thing correctly, as there is no documentation yet", I finally got to the bottom of my issue. The entire time, I noticed there was no LTE or 4G icon at the top of the screen. So I reset the phone for one last time, after getting a new SIM card from a retail store ... that the SIM settings or "profile" had to be "pushed" out again, whatever that means, to my phone. It turns out, I may have been sent an incorrect iPhone SIM which was not 4G/LTE capable !!! As of Saturday night, I was back in action, sending / receiving MMS without issues, as well as surfing at pretty good speeds here in Philly and D.C. area!

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I am also not able to receive or send picture messages... But for the first 2 days I had the phone, it worked fine! Then all of a sudden, I started getting the "get media content now" links. Anybody know how to get around this yet??? :dry

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't send group messages or MMS. It just says "unable to send at this time" and nothing else. Giving me the option to try again.

commops7

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Update #2 ... just got back from retail store in D.C. --- employees are being told that there is a known data issue. Why did I go there? Well, 2 days later, after my Saturday night SIM-reprovision (see two posts above), it turns out approx 3pm today, everything stopped working again! Now they are providing work around to ADD APN! The retail store employee says everyone who got a phone also isn't working when it comes to MMS, Data and in some cases Visual Voice mail.

The settings are APN: wap.cingular
User Name: wap@gprs.com
Password: cingular1

I am out of Visual Voice mail right now .... it's 8pm EST..... looks like the success of the phone on 4g/LTE is bringing down the AT&T network? Who knows .... we shall wait and see.

P.S. I am convinced it is not the phone. It is the AT&T network <again>... <sigh>

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Update #2 ... just got back from retail store in D.C. --- employees are being told that there is a known data issue. Why did I go there? Well, 2 days later, after my Saturday night SIM-reprovision (see two posts above), it turns out approx 3pm today, everything stopped working again! Now they are providing work around to ADD APN! The retail store employee says everyone who got a phone also isn't working when it comes to MMS, Data and in some cases Visual Voice mail.

The settings are APN: wap.cingular
User Name: wap@gprs.com
Password: cingular1

I am out of Visual Voice mail right now .... it's 8pm EST..... looks like the success of the phone on 4g/LTE is bringing down the AT&T network? Who knows .... we shall wait and see.

P.S. I am convinced it is not the phone. It is the AT&T network <again>... <sigh>

thank you, that's what myself and others have been saying all along. ATT needs to step their game up

starla94

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
This is still not working for me.. HTC Trophy 7.5 on ATT network texting and email is all fine jsut cannot recieve Pictures or Video (MMS) texts.. I can send out fine..

Connection software didn't work.. att couldn't help..

Pamatha Hope

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Same problem, I can txt and talk etc bit no mms. Driving me crazy trying to YouTube how to do this! HELP! And AT&T
Should have told their customers they had rights to unlock it when purchasing it, or a "free upgrade" locked
Me into contract. I dumped em and got code on YouTube for $17. But no MMS!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes