Echo during calls?

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten a few complaints from people I have spoken to using my Lumia 900 that there is an echo when they hear me...Mind you to me they sounds loud and clear but apparently on their side I sound like my voice is echoing

anyone else xperience this??

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've just tested this from my wifes iPhone, here are the results

left myself a VM and my voice was clear

the other person on the phone hears me clearly

I hear them clearly

when they speak, THEY hear an ECHO

so far every called has experienced this when they call me...don't know what it could be, maybe the connection?

kmsridhar

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I've just tested this from my wifes iPhone, here are the results

left myself a VM and my voice was clear

the other person on the phone hears me clearly

I hear them clearly

when they speak, THEY hear an ECHO

so far every called has experienced this when they call me...don't know what it could be, maybe the connection?
I have the same issue with the phone. With all of them that i have spoken so far, they say the same thing ;)

kmsridhar

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
If the call volume is more than 7 out of 10 then, you ge the echo. I don't know whether the issue is common across all the devices.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If the call volume is more than 7 out of 10 then, you ge the echo. I don't know whether the issue is common across all the devices.

i JUST found that out though..i wish more people would comment on this...

i've had 2 Lumias and both exhibit this, though 1 was worse than the other

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having people tell me the same thing. Echo's being heard by the other caller.

I am very disappointed. I would have hope Nokia had learned it's lesson with the Lumia 800.

headward

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue and resolved it with turning down the phone below a volume level. When calling another Lumia 900 we both had the issue. I don't know if every 900 is effected. I did find if I use a headset(mine was a wired one) the issue doesn't reproduce.

This is only affecting my black 900. My cyan 900 is fine. When the black 900 calls the cyan 900 we both have the echo on both ends. My echo sounds very robotic as well.

Very odd and very annoying.

ucoswal

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Same Problem

My wife's Lumia has the same problem. Every time she calls me I hear that annoying echo. I can't even finish the conversation because the echo is so obnoxious. This is a serious flaw that Nokia needs to address. I even updated her phone with the new Nokia patch and it isn't fixed. I had her turn down her phone's call volume to 9/10 and that did the trick. It's like the phone's mic is too sensitive or something.

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
My husband and I both got Lumia 900s Monday. Anytime I talked to him I had this horrid feedback/echo. We thought it was my phone. We decided to test both phones talking to other people. As it turns out everyone he talked to (mobile or land line) heard a horrible feedback/echo. We returned his phone and the new one doesn't seem to have the problem.

It's true that the microphone can pick up the other person's voice if you have your volume too high (above 7) but that's not the same thing as the feedback/echo issue that some have experienced.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My husband and I both got Lumia 900s Monday. Anytime I talked to him I had this horrid feedback/echo. We thought it was my phone. We decided to test both phones talking to other people. As it turns out everyone he talked to (mobile or land line) heard a horrible feedback/echo. We returned his phone and the new one doesn't seem to have the problem.

It's true that the microphone can pick up the other person's voice if you have your volume too high (above 7) but that's not the same thing as the feedback/echo issue that some have experienced.

correct, my first phone had the feedback problem...my second one is normal and keep my volume at 7 or so and all is good

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm frustrated because I couldn't talk to anyone today with the volume down to 6. I can't hear them and they hear themselves echo. :mad:

davep1982

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've only heard one echo when calling my mother so far. Every other phone I've had I heard it every third pr fourth call. I'm on AT&T and she's on Verizon with a 4s. I wonder if the differences in spectrum are the culprit rather than the phone itself.

marcuscb

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Horrid echo!!!

I have had my Lumia 900 for about a week. My wife alerted me that when I called her that she could hear me fine, but that when she talked she heard a terrible high pitched echo. After I began asking other people who called me on my cell phone about the echo, I learned that they were having the same problem. I am really frustrated. This is a great phone, but I can't continue to use it with this flaw. Everyone I talk to is complaining. Turning down the volume reduces the problem but it does not go away. I can't help but think that this is a hardware and not a software problem. Does anyone know what Nokia is doing to fix? Unfortunately, I am going to have to return this phone.

stendec81

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes...I'm having the same problem as well.

• When I'm on the phone using the built-in earpiece, the other individual hears their own echo.

• On my end, I hear no echo and the call is clear.

• When using the speaker-phone feature the echo ceases.

• Phone volume levels during conversations were set at 10.

• I called several different phones on various carriers (including land lines) and all produced an echo.

• I checked the sim card and made sure it was clean and installed correctly

• By reducing the phone volume down to 6 during conversation, I was able to eliminate the echo for the most part. Above that level and echo returns.

• I believe that the mic near the headphone jack is picking up the conversation from the earpiece when the volume is set above 6, creating the echo on the other end. Again, never on the Nokia's end.

This phone has two mics. View this link: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia900/userguide/

I think that's the problem.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers