Nokia Network Setup app.

TheHandlessKing

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears to have been removed and renamed "Persiapan Jaringan". If you've downloaded the Network Setup app before, it now errors every time you attempt to re-download it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Its gone I can't find it at all. I have it installed on my Lumia 800 it opened fine on that device. I searched the market for Persiapan Jaringan I got nothing. I will do some more checking.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I found the Persiapan app through a google search ..the search linked to the app in the Marketplace but it wouldn't let me download it.....it said it wasn't available in my region or for my device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. I was going to buy a Lumia 900 off contract and use it with Red Pocket, but I'd need to edit the MMS settings in order to do that like I did with my Lumia 800. Can't do that if I can't download the Network Setup app. I found the Persiapan Jaringan title in the marketplace as well but it doesn't let me download or install it.

Suffice it to say, this sucks.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. I was going to buy a Lumia 900 off contract and use it with Red Pocket, but I'd need to edit the MMS settings in order to do that like I did with my Lumia 800. Can't do that if I can't download the Network Setup app. I found the Persiapan Jaringan title in the marketplace as well but it doesn't let me download or install it.

Suffice it to say, this sucks.
Well this sucks, I guess I am going to take the 900 back to the store for a return. I have it here and can not set up to work on Straight Talk. I guess to android I go.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well this sucks, I guess I am going to take the 900 back to the store for a return. I have it here and can not set up to work on Straight Talk. I guess to android I go.

I would go with an AT&T MVNO. Straight Talk uses T-Mobile's 3G bands, so you'll be using data at 2G speeds with a Lumia 800 or 900. Red Pocket or Jolt will give you unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data on ATT's 3G and HSPA bands for $60/month. Makes more sense.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I would go with an AT&T MVNO. Straight Talk uses T-Mobile's 3G bands, so you'll be using data at 2G speeds with a Lumia 800 or 900. Red Pocket or Jolt will give you unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data on ATT's 3G and HSPA bands for $60/month. Makes more sense.

You sure, everything I have read says the opposite. You have a choice of getting an ATT sim, or a T-Mobile sim... but I guess its beside the point now if I can not edit the APN settings to get it working, because they took the Nokia App away.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You sure, everything I have read says the opposite. You have a choice of getting an ATT sim, or a T-Mobile sim... but I guess its beside the point now if I can not edit the APN settings to get it working, because they took the Nokia App away.

I'm positive. Your phone will work with Straight Talk, but it'll only be at 2G speeds. That's what they mean by "any GSM network." Technically GSM is just 2G. You'll need to be on an MVNO that uses AT&T's network to get 3G or higher speeds.

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what APN settings do you need to update? Is it not covered under Settings -> Cellular -> Add APN?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm positive. Your phone will work with Straight Talk, but it'll only be at 2G speeds. That's what they mean by "any GSM network." Technically GSM is just 2G. You'll need to be on an MVNO that uses AT&T's network to get 3G or higher speeds.

Straight Talk has agreements with both networks, which is why you can choose from an AT&T SIM or a T-Mobile SIM.

I have Straight Talk with the AT&T SIM and I am on AT&T's network with 3G on my Titan.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk has agreements with both networks, which is why you can choose from an AT&T SIM or a T-Mobile SIM.

I have Straight Talk with the AT&T SIM and I am on AT&T's network with 3G on my Titan.

If this is the case, then I stand corrected. Everything I read suggested AT&T phones will only use 2G/Edge data speeds on Straight Talk, whereas 3G speeds would be available with T-Mobile phones. So this is news to me.

Kenal0

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Is the lack of Network Setup app regional or by carrier? Is ATT restricting this app, Nokia or is it something else? If I were to put a friends tmobile sim in would it still be unavailable in the app store? Just trying out how to get this app so I can add MMS settings.
Kenal0

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the lack of Network Setup app regional or by carrier? Is ATT restricting this app, Nokia or is it something else? If I were to put a friends tmobile sim in would it still be unavailable in the app store? Just trying out how to get this app so I can add MMS settings.
Kenal0

Pretty sure its regional. I use Red Pocket (an AT&T MVNO) and I was able to download it onto my Lumia 800 a few weeks ago. Now, it's gone. Plus some guy from Ireland in the Nokia forums says he sees the app in his marketplace. Nothing to lose trying your friends sim out though I guess.

I'm now stuck without MMS on my brand new Lumia 900. #Fail

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
WTF? They have pulled this app? ATTs scumbaggery has no limits! This is obviously being filtered out because it does exist in Nokia's Marketplace. They have the ability to filter based on device as I have seen done with Samsung phones.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
There HAS to be a way for me to get the app from my Lumia 800 to my 900. Sigh. It works fine on my 800 still but its just not available to download again to get it onto my 900.

Kenal0

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I went online with Nokia and used their online chat help. When I asked about this, the agent told me that it would be available in the next software upgrade. He did not know when and could not offer much more.
Kenal0

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I read a few days ago it was pulled due to a bug where people were accessing things in the phone that they shouldnt. I cant remember what it was, but vaguely remember it was to developer unlock the phone on the lumia 800.

Nokia pulled it so dont blame it on ATT on anybody else.

Cant find the article, but im going by my superhuman memory here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb