Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet116 View Post
    do you guys still recommend this phone? I mean, it is free for all our troubles, but still...this thread is scaring me away from it. And I was already on the fence.
    I see you are coming from a Quantum. I also came from that phone to the Nokia 900, you well not regret the move! This is a great phone and the problems are being fixed by Nokia and they are giving you $100 there is nothing to lose!! Enjoy!!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    One bug i found .. some one please try to reproduce ..

Phone wont reach 100% charge, when wifi is on and charger is connected

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    1. Yellowish tint on photos
    2. LED Flash doesn't spread across the photo
    3. Dark auto brightness with detecting light sensor lag
    4. Horrific battery life (6-7 hours on light-med usage)
    5. Can't press camera button to wake phone
    6. Data issues (Pending Monday's update)

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff002 View Post
    My back and home key get stuck when i play music so if i try to go back ill go to my background tasks and if i try to go home i get speech tried resetting already.
    Same thing has been happpening to me today. Its annoying . Most problably going to swap out the device.

I forgot to mention that the problems I was having with the back key and the menu key not being responsive was with the earphones not being plugged in .

I just tested with the earphones in the jack and the keys are now responsive..
    Last edited by JBL20; 04-12-2012 at 04:16 PM.

I'm having issues with my data connection dropping out completely for hours. I can still make calls and use texting. The aT&T rep said the data issue was already documented with the Lumia 900. Anyone heard this or having a similar issue?

I'm having several issues.

1) I have the connectivity issue. I have used the phone sincs last Friday with no issues. I ran the built-in diagnostics today and immediately had connectivity problems after exiting.

2) "back button" unresponsive at times"

3) After getting connectivety problems I rebooted with the charger plugged in. Phone was dead - would not boot. I tried several times. Unplugged the charger and it booted. Still had connectivity issues. The phone would show "no service" in places I had had 1-2 bars before. Even with 1-2 bars 4G the "Internet sharing" would give an error saying "no cellular connection".

I really like this phone, Nokia and Windows Phone 7. I am confident that this will all be fixed!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm with Rogers. I really this phone. Only thing is I've had problems with network. Sometimes, it just loses network for no reason. Also, I've had problems with receiving texts.

Constant Issues:

While the phone is sleep
    Earphones (voice dialing with earphones (samsung focus earphones or the nokia purity in-ear) will not work if the phone is sleep. Sometimes (1 out of 5 times) it will work if i just keep the button pressed until something happens.

Camera (on my focus this works 100% of the time...on the 900 it's sporatic at best. One time the camera would not come on -- the OS went to the camera function but the camera did not come on it stayed black.)

While using earphones
    If I make a call with earphones in I can always hear myself and the person i called. I have to disconnect/reconnect the headphones for me not to hear myself.

I don't know if the screen responsiveness is a bug or like that by design...either way I wish it was more responsive to movement like my focus was.

At one time I couldn't listen to anything on TunIn Radio if the phone was in standby...seemed like when the screen went off so did the wifi -- I had to reboot the phone to get to work correctly.

All of these have happened on my and my wife's phone we are waiting till the patch comes out, if it does not fix much of this we will return them and probably get the titan 2 instead. I love this phone even with the known problems but I actually need these to stop and the phone to work lol.
    AllPhoneNews likes this.

When writing emails in landscape mode I have a ghost text on the same line as I'm writing. About an inch to the right of where I'm typing/the cursor is I have a duplicate line of the same text that shows up much fainter. Its pretty weird. I'm trying to get a picture of it when it's doing it but I never have another phone around. Will post when I can. Has anyone else seen this?

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff002 View Post
    My back and home key get stuck when i play music so if i try to go back ill go to my background tasks and if i try to go home i get speech tried resetting already.
    Mine is doing something like this. When inside music player, if I hit the home key I get speech search, and have a lot of trouble getting out. I think the back button is futzed at that point too.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The fact I'm not receiving all the SMS that are sent to me is pissing me off.

While music is playing the back button will go to the multitasking menu rather than going back. Stops for a short time when locking and unlocking the phone, or stops entirely after pausing music and then locking/unlocking the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rogeret View Post
    My phone prompts in the middle of Angry Birds for voice input. It thinks I'm wanting to speak. It stays up for about 10 seconds and then goes away. This happens about every 2 or 3 minutes. Very odd. I'm going to try deleting the game and reinstalling.
    This post is a few days old, but you're probably holding down the Start button by accident, which activates voice input. Try and keep an eye on where you're keeping your thumb. Not a bug.

My issues: Post Portico

1. Bluetooth in car radio. I have aftermarket Pioneer and phone will connect, no freezes after the update where it did before. However, I have to put in the pair code every time. My old 900 never needed to put in the code except the first pair. My bluetooth headset works fine.
    2. Brightness on auto. Notice this happens in a dimly lit room more often. Tried the dark room calibration to no avail. Also, display does not reappear during phone call when pulled away from face. Noticed blowing into front camera near the sensor brings it back. This is definitely a sensor calibration issue.
    3. Random battery drain. I've tried battery discharge and that seemed to help a bit. Still having drain issues on idle. I'll go to sleep at 100% and when I wake 6 hours later, I have 96% with Facebook app installed. If I delete Facebook, i'll wake to 100% after 6-7 hours of sleep. Settings are: no toast, no lockscreen backgrounds, no chat. Only things running in the background are Accuweather, Battery Status, and The Weather Channel.

Still have the Xbox music playlist/app sync issue, but that's a whole other can of worms...

If these things didn't exist and there was Instagram and Pandora apps available, constant battery reports instead of 30 minute updates, ability to drop down the battery level anywhere, actual sync to W8 that worked, inability to view/click on certain elements in Internet Explorer, (sites like Academy Sports and Wal mart where you try to enter in a zip code to find locations do not work), inability to view animated GIF files outside of the browser, (i.e. messaging app, in photo viewer, etc.) this might/could be the baddest phone ever.

Until then, i've debated going back to the darkside. Can't imagine how others feel.
    Last edited by EMINENT 1; 12-31-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345