(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list

Bgrubb

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing the loss of data connectivity issues as well. It seems to happen most often after powering off/on the device.

I have a grandfathered unlimited plan, and during the troubleshooting process, they felt that they had to switch me to the $40 unlimited LTE plan. I of course stated that this was unacceptable, and they have assured me that it will be changed after the new provisional package has been created. I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, they are crediting my account the difference ($10).

I have spent way too much time in the store and on the phone with them since Friday, so they credited my account an additional $150.

One thing that I have noticed, is that none of the AT&T reps with the Black 900 have seen problems with their data, but the two that I am aware of with the Cyan have been having problems. Keep in mind, that AT&T employees have data packages that are provisioned differently, so I wouldn't consider them to be a representative sample in the troubleshooting process, but maybe there something to the color (model) difference.

I am using the Cyan version.

Which color are you all having trouble with?

Consider editing previous posts instead of adding them all here.

Every rep in our local store had problems with data on their black 900.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hollywars

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
font camera and headphone issues

I seem to be having a problem with the front facing camera and sending the video clips. The rear facing camera sends the video with no problem anything recorded with the front facing camera seems to crash the phone to the main screen. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, I just purchased skullcandy 50/50 headphones and the mic does not work with the lumia 900 but with all other phones and products. I used the sony ericsson, apple iphone headphones, older skullcandy iNked, and 3 other third party headphones mic will not work but if I click the volume the phone registers the noise just only the clicking of the volume button. will not turn volume up or down nor function with mic on all 7 headphones. Anyone else with this issue?

Everything else seems to work fine although I have run into the data problems here and there. Also it takes foreeeeever for my battery to charge up.:mad:

Also all 7 headphones work with Titan, hd7s, iphone, ipad and computers just will not work on the cyan 900.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the nokia in-ear buds from amazon, so far they're the only ones that I've found to have full functionality with the 900. So far I've tried the singe and triple button Beats cable, nokia purity hd on-ear cable, and an old iphone earbud.

rogeret

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Same experience for me. Not only voice prompt, but multitasking and bing too. Phone freezes after it activates whatever on its own and I have to wait a few seconds to get back to what I was doing.

I think it's an electrical problem with the keys below. Went to a store and they reboot the phone for me (rep held down the back key for like a minute and it reboot). Now seems to work fine and does not act up too much, but still acts up occassionally. Thinking to get the unit replaced or if it is a software problem with all Lumia 900s. Aside from that, capacitive keys seem to bleed into the screen when the screen is off.
Yes, I've also had it bring up Bing. I tried holding down the back key, but that didn't do anything. It brings up the background apps, but nothing else until the phone went back to sleep. I am going to try going back to the store with it to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy. It's weird and only seems to happen with Angry Birds. Other games are fine.

rogeret

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Same experience for me. Not only voice prompt, but multitasking and bing too. Phone freezes after it activates whatever on its own and I have to wait a few seconds to get back to what I was doing.

I think it's an electrical problem with the keys below. Went to a store and they reboot the phone for me (rep held down the back key for like a minute and it reboot). Now seems to work fine and does not act up too much, but still acts up occassionally. Thinking to get the unit replaced or if it is a software problem with all Lumia 900s. Aside from that, capacitive keys seem to bleed into the screen when the screen is off.
Also, I just tried it with the phone on the desk and I was careful not to touch anywhere near the bottom buttons and it did it again. Takes about 30 seconds. I'm going to take the phone back.

raidel00

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the nokia in-ear buds from amazon, so far they're the only ones that I've found to have full functionality with the 900. So far I've tried the singe and triple button Beats cable, nokia purity hd on-ear cable, and an old iphone earbud.
can you link the headphones you bought from Amazon....thanks

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

FunnyMSB

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
SMS Banner

Just wanted to say that if I receive a new text message when I am running another app or even on the home screen and I open the messaging tile manually, the banner stays on top of the screen for it seems like an indefinitely amount of time. Or until I click on it. Or that could be just the way it is. I have no idea.

poloboy03

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently rocking my Radar until my 900 comes in tomorrow. But I've been hearing that the music playback quality is not that great to my dismay.. Has anyone found this true? On my HD7 and my Radar I set my Sound Enhancer to Bass Boost. None of the Lumia devices have a EQ setting but HTC and Samsung devices have some form of a graphic equalizer.

Can you compare the sound quality?
Is there a app for this?
Is Nokia planning an update?
Has anyone heard of a hack or ROM that has a EQ of sorts?

tigrisrex

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Fully-charged battery doesn't last a day

A fully-charged battery of my Lumia 900 doesn't last a day on a light usage! Anyone experiencing this?

Wade.Lovings

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues with freezing while loading video and accessing wifi, Bluetooth turning off after phone has been asleep after few minutes. Love this phone but just want it to work properly.

:straight:

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues with freezing while loading video and accessing wifi, Bluetooth turning off after phone has been asleep after few minutes. Love this phone but just want it to work properly.

:straight:

Sounds like an hardware issue. Should only get worse over time, so get a replacement.

pgoth

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing reminder issues? I am not getting reminders from Outlook.

Update: its not happening all the time. Occurs most frequently when the phone is locked and not in use. Also happened when I was listening to music.

Very strange

Last edited:

rockonit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
A fully-charged battery of my Lumia 900 doesn't last a day on a light usage! Anyone experiencing this?
Same here. After data connectivity issues, inability to see screen in sunlight, poor camera, and snail pace data connectivity when it works, I returned mine already.

mais.318

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the three buttons below the screen? Ever time I'm in a game or the music player and I try to back out to the home screen using the back button, it just doesn't work. Sometimes it just doesn't register the press and other times it will bring up the multitasking window. The home button will ususally work, but once I'm back to the home screen, none of the buttons work including the search button. It only fixes its self once I turn the phone off and back on. Is anyone seeing anything like this?

sloud74

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Keyboard

I have twice had an issue where the keyboard stops entering data into a field.
-Once was when I was trying to search Bing. I put in the word 'best' and then after hitting the space key, i couldn't type/delete anything. I would back out of the search page go back in and same issue persisted.
-The other time was while texting. Basically the same thing where it would just all of the sudden stop registering the keyboard.

The only resolution I found was to turn the phone off and back on. Also, the keyboard would look like it was registering my input (makes the clicking sound and everything) but the text field would just freeze.

thirteenyahs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
- can't launch camera via camera button from sleep. I could do this with my focus s.
- can't adjust volume without turning on the screen. small annoyance but still an extra button press.
- speaker volume is WAY too loud. I have to keep my ringer on 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12