(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
do you guys still recommend this phone? I mean, it is free for all our troubles, but still...this thread is scaring me away from it. And I was already on the fence.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
do you guys still recommend this phone? I mean, it is free for all our troubles, but still...this thread is scaring me away from it. And I was already on the fence.

Kind of a judgement call you have to make. None of the 'bigger' problems are sounding like they can't be fixed. Given Nokia's response to getting the data issue patched right away is a huge statement on how they are dedicated to making and keeping this device as perfect as possible. Heck, the issue causing the data problem very well could fix some of these other problems just by default. Anything dealing with memory could have an impact on a number of things.

Besides, you always have 30 days to try it and take it back.

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Kind of a judgement call you have to make. None of the 'bigger' problems are sounding like they can't be fixed. Given Nokia's response to getting the data issue patched right away is a huge statement on how they are dedicated to making and keeping this device as perfect as possible. Heck, the issue causing the data problem very well could fix some of these other problems just by default. Anything dealing with memory could have an impact on a number of things.

Besides, you always have 30 days to try it and take it back.
If I return within 30 days, am I still stuck with the 2 year contract I signed?

jleon21

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Greenish tones to pictures

Hello,

Not sure if this has been previously posted, by images viewed on the screen have a greenish tone to them. This happens under the both of the following scenarios:

1. Images taken with the Nokia Lumia 900 camera.
2. As well as images taken with another phone, but viewed on the Lumia 900.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

J

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
If I return within 30 days, am I still stuck with the 2 year contract I signed?

I have been worrying about it too. I was out of contract, until I dived in headfirst into another contract to get this phone.

I found this:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

"Call the number on your invoice/receipt to cancel your service. You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the applicable early termination fee (the "Early Termination Fee" or "ETF")."

I don't know if I can still remain on ATT service but cancel the contract though. Which is what I want to do.

kerbouchard

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sound quality for phone calls is terrible for other person. All phone calls that I've made, the other person keeps saying " I can barely hear you". I left myself a voice mail to hear it, and sometimes I can hear it, and sometimes I can barely hear it. It always sounds very muffled. I'm going to return or exchange it.

RPMURA: Has your issue been resolved? Did you have to exchange the phone? I have the same issue...

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been worrying about it too. I was out of contract, until I dived in headfirst into another contract to get this phone.

I found this:

Wireless from AT&T.

"Call the number on your invoice/receipt to cancel your service. You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the applicable early termination fee (the "Early Termination Fee" or "ETF")."

I don't know if I can still remain on ATT service but cancel the contract though. Which is what I want to do.

If you're upgrading and signing a new two year contract, they will just reset your upgrade eligibility and thus your contract date. If you are getting completely new service (new plan and everything), you can cancel that entire plan in that 30 day window. I think you'd only pay for what you used (if anything). Not sure on that part.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Every phone has a problem. Go look on the iPhone boards. Everybody has the potential to get a lemon.

I got my phone, has zero issues. Not even the ones I seen on this board (except my work can't support this phone for business email). Maybe I have thicker skin :)

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
RPMURA: Has your issue been resolved? Did you have to exchange the phone? I have the same issue...
RPMURA and Kerbouchard - I am having the same problem where I sound like I am talking from far away from the phone or something. I have experienced this on three calls today (one of which was me hearing myself when setting up my voicemail). I have already returned one phone for having the data problem and don't want to have to return another one for sounding like I am talking from across the room on speakerphone.

Have either of you done anything about the issue you are having?

I love this phone, but going from one phone with the data problem to another with this voice/microphone problem, I am starting to get a bit annoyed.

kerbouchard

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
RPMURA and Kerbouchard - I am having the same problem where I sound like I am talking from far away from the phone or something. I have experienced this on three calls today (one of which was me hearing myself when setting up my voicemail). I have already returned one phone for having the data problem and don't want to have to return another one for sounding like I am talking from across the room on speakerphone.

Have either of you done anything about the issue you are having?

I love this phone, but going from one phone with the data problem to another with this voice/microphone problem, I am starting to get a bit annoyed.

No, that's not the issue. I actually have a Cyan phone that works great. It's my wife's black one that has the issue (and like you, we returned her first one due to the data issue). Her phone sounds great with her. The issue is that sometimes when people call her, the person calling hear's "feedback" when they talk. So, the issue impacts the person on the other end; whereas, your issue sounds like it is impacting you.

We'll see what happens. Maybe just a shut down or removal of the SIM will fix it, I'll check it out when I get home from work. It's a little frustrating, but I wouldn't trade the phone for a second. I switched from my iPhone and now I'm a Nokia/Windows fan for life. The phone is just amazing - I'm willing to go through a little annoyance, the customer service has been great.

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No, that's not the issue. I actually have a Cyan phone that works great. It's my wife's black one that has the issue (and like you, we returned her first one due to the data issue). Her phone sounds great with her. The issue is that sometimes when people call her, the person calling hear's "feedback" when they talk. So, the issue impacts the person on the other end; whereas, your issue sounds like it is impacting you.

We'll see what happens. Maybe just a shut down or removal of the SIM will fix it, I'll check it out when I get home from work. It's a little frustrating, but I wouldn't trade the phone for a second. I switched from my iPhone and now I'm a Nokia/Windows fan for life. The phone is just amazing - I'm willing to go through a little annoyance, the customer service has been great.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I'm not trading this phone for anything. I was a Samsung Focus user for over a year and I love the OS. The build quality of the Lumia 900 seems great; I'm just not sure what is going on all of the sudden. Maybe I can just blame this on the Microcell I use in my house then (I have plenty of problems with that thing).

hollywars

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
anyone having the front camera issues? If I record with the front camera it crashes when I try to send the clip no matter the size but the back camera compresses and sends just fine.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
- can't launch camera via camera button from sleep. I could do this with my focus s.
- can't adjust volume without turning on the screen. small annoyance but still an extra button press.
- speaker volume is WAY too loud. I have to keep my ringer on 1.

These aren't bugs.

They are things you don't like about the phone.

A "bug" is something that's not functioning as it should/was designed to.

There is a difference, no offense... :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend it.

I have had no problems whatsoever, besides that, the one issue which did arise with Lumia 900 in general (the data connection bug) has been handled extraordinarily well. (I have had no problems with the data connection bug or anything else, my phone has been flawless)

Have any of you ever seen a phone that had a software bug like that, and seen the manufacturer respond by announcing a software fix to be released one week later, or anyone being able to simply exchange their phone for a new one immediately AND refunding everyone the full purchase price of the phone on contract ($99) while letting them keep the phone???

I can't think of a time when I have ever seen any manufacturer be that responsive and generous.

The closest thing I can think of is L.L. Bean replacing my 7 year old winter coat for free when the pockets blew out. LOL

The point is, sh*t happens, but Nokia has shown that they are a class act when it comes to making things right. If anything, it just reinforces my belief that I made the right choice and validates my belief that Nokia would go the extra mile to keep their customers happy with this phone.

hollywars

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the credit on my account today and was able to keep my phone. But so far no one is helping me find out if I have a bum phone BC of the front camera not working with sending the video.

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I got the credit on my account today and was able to keep my phone. But so far no one is helping me find out if I have a bum phone BC of the front camera not working with sending the video.
I got my phone on Friday after preordering. By Saturday the data started dropping and then it wouldnt do anything. Did a full reset and it started dropping again on Monday. Tuesday I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they sent me to store for a new SIM. ATT store put the SIM in and it still didnt work. So, they gave me a brand new phone. When I got home Tuesday I saw the story break about getting 100 back and that you could have yours replaced now if you wanted. I thought to myself, so glad I went to store and already have a new one. Wednesday morning I woke up...........And the new phone has no data and cant send MMS. REALLY!

I can no longer recommend the phone. Camera acts is the same quality as my iPhone 3G, laggy in third party apps, data issues. It looks good, was a great idea, but it appears very little real effort was put into making the phone match the hype, or even resemble it.

kerbouchard

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted to say that this issue is RESOLVED. It ended up that my wife simply had her Call Volume at 10/10. So as people were talking to her it was going through the ear piece and into the speaker and it sounded garbled. I just turned it down to 5/10 and she could still hear very well and callers no longer had the issue.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily a bug but I was losing battery life real fast! Turns out that I had 6 pinned "I Heart Radio" live tiles that where the culprit of sucking up all the battery. I removed them and now everything is back to normal. I am really happy with the Lumia 900. I recommend this phone to anyone that is looking to buy a Windows Phone.

capus5

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend it.

I have had no problems whatsoever, besides that, the one issue which did arise with Lumia 900 in general (the data connection bug) has been handled extraordinarily well. (I have had no problems with the data connection bug or anything else, my phone has been flawless)

Have any of you ever seen a phone that had a software bug like that, and seen the manufacturer respond by announcing a software fix to be released one week later, or anyone being able to simply exchange their phone for a new one immediately AND refunding everyone the full purchase price of the phone on contract ($99) while letting them keep the phone???

I can't think of a time when I have ever seen any manufacturer be that responsive and generous.

The closest thing I can think of is L.L. Bean replacing my 7 year old winter coat for free when the pockets blew out. LOL

The point is, sh*t happens, but Nokia has shown that they are a class act when it comes to making things right. If anything, it just reinforces my belief that I made the right choice and validates my belief that Nokia would go the extra mile to keep their customers happy with this phone.
I would recommend this phone over any smart phone out there. These issuses that are happening are new product hiccups that happen with anything new. Nokia is being awesome about them. The service reps in the store need more training on windows phones so they can better help the growing number of users. Get the phone they are taking care of the problems and the WP7 OS is GREAT and easy to use. Just way different than anything else out there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05