Twitter

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading that you have to add your twitter account to Live ID. It also says you can only have ONE twitter account associated. I'm assuming this is the only way to get twitter notifications in your People Hub.

1. I don't like having Google or Microsoft or anybody else with all my eggs in their basket (my twitter, facebook, calendar, emails, etc).

2. Many of us have personal and professional twitter accounts. Limiting us to ONE?

I'm assuming the only way around this is to download a 3rd party Twitter app and not have the notifications in your People Hub. Isn't this defeating the whole Windows Phone purpose?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading that you have to add your twitter account to Live ID. It also says you can only have ONE twitter account associated. I'm assuming this is the only way to get twitter notifications in your People Hub.

1. I don't like having Google or Microsoft or anybody else with all my eggs in their basket (my twitter, facebook, calendar, emails, etc).

2. Many of us have personal and professional twitter accounts. Limiting us to ONE?

I'm assuming the only way around this is to download a 3rd party Twitter app and not have the notifications in your People Hub. Isn't this defeating the whole Windows Phone purpose?
The majority of Twitter users do not have multiple accounts, one for business and one for personal. And when they do, many have multiple devices.

Same way they don't allow for "multiple FaceBook" accounts. That would just get too messy and I'm happy the way it is.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I've never considered the integrated twitter and Facebook in wp7 as a replacement for a good 3rd party app. I use it mainly as a quick access point. For example, if I want to check in somewhere, make a post or tweet, post a picture, reply to someone, etc I use the wp7 integration. If I want to browse thru my timeline, I use Facebook, or mehdoh, rowi, etc.

Here's another fun use for the integration. I follow all the okc thunder players on twitter, plus the thunder beat writers. I put them all in a contact group and have it pinned. It's like an okc thunder app. I can easily access just their tweets, plus it just looks cool with the pictures.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I've never considered the integrated twitter and Facebook in wp7 as a replacement for a good 3rd party app. I use it mainly as a quick access point. For example, if I want to check in somewhere, make a post or tweet, post a picture, reply to someone, etc I use the wp7 integration. If I want to browse thru my timeline, I use Facebook, or mehdoh, rowi, etc.

Here's another fun use for the integration. I follow all the okc thunder players on twitter, plus the thunder beat writers. I put them all in a contact group and have it pinned. It's like an okc thunder app. I can easily access just their tweets, plus it just looks cool with the pictures.
I like that idea. I may have to try that with all my NY teams.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss