This is why I have a problem with our camera

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
PPzdZ.jpg

That was taken on an iPhone 4s. Nokia cannot tout this as At&T's new flagship and not at least try and compete with that level of quality.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That picture most definitely has filters and sharpening done post capture. Our camera is plenty good if you delve into the settings. I have some comps in low light settings I am going to upload in a little bit showing the difference between auto everything and tweaking a couple settings.

7inchesNBPEL

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
from what ive seen the lumia camera is pretty bad compared to other phones but that pic has filters on it lol. plus if the camera is so good why does the dog only have one eye??? hmmmm!!! not serious about last part.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I have found that snap&shoot pictures are pretty good outside, not so great indoors. However, if you just use the "auto-fix" software filter, it gets MUCH better.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So, I have found that snap&shoot pictures are pretty good outside, not so great indoors. However, if you just use the "auto-fix" software filter, it gets MUCH better.

Yes, tweaking it made the pictures better. They could of dumbed it down for folks who just want to snap and shoot. Instead they allowed you to modify settings. (ISO, white balance, etc).

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It's fair enough to complain that the camera isn't up to the iPhone's standard, but to post a picture which has CLEARLY been reworked as an example is totally misleading.

*tut tut*

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I just tried the auto-fix function. Works pretty good on some of the pictures I took. Someone who has time to really futz with the camera and settings should make a quick how-to guide for taking the best pictures you can with the 900.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried manual adjustments? I heard someone lowered the ISO for low light, and it worked a lot better. That said, if the iPhone can do it in auto mode, the Lumia 900 having to deal with manual adjustments already loses in terms of ease of use, and not really hardware quality.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, as much quality & detail that you can tell was there before, I agree that a clearly altered image shouldn't have been used in any kind of comparisons.

If it makes anyone feel better (or worse), here's mine that came straight from my 4S just from the last month of random shooting. Unaltered:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
^^Those close-up iPhone shots looks pretty reasonable, but the landscape/long-range stuff actually looks quite poor quality.

I'm interested in seeing what the 900 can do, but I'll throw it out there that I've seen better quality pictures taken on the HTC Titan.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
None of those look bad to me. I guess I'm just not enough of a photo guy to appreciate a "good photo" from a "bad one." Assuming that most smartphone purchasers aren't photo people, I suspect the Lumia's camera will be fine.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
None of those look bad to me. I guess I'm just not enough of a photo guy to appreciate a "good photo" from a "bad one." Assuming that most smartphone purchasers aren't photo people, I suspect the Lumia's camera will be fine.

Well, if you want to see "pretty awesome" - check this post from the HTC Titan thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1594014-post14.htm

Now that's a camera phone... and these are taken from a Titan 1. :cool:

Just saying...

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you want to see "pretty awesome" - check this post from the HTC Titan thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1594014-post14.htm

Now that's a camera phone... and these are taken from a Titan 1. :cool:

Just saying...

I agree, but a lot of those examples in that thread are from my Titan. :) IMO, its a toss up between my 4S & the 1st gen Titan.

If I had to choose, I'd prob give it to the 4S because I like the color saturation better. The Titan seemed really drab a lot of times & I'd have to auto-fix. It also takes longer per shot to focus then snap the pic. Whereas the 4S is always focusing & doing it super quick so its always ready to snap.

But pure quality, its def a toss up between the two. If you care about cameras, both are excellent. I'm curious to see how the II stacks up against them.

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, seeing as I've made a bit of an *** of myself with one of my first posts, I figured I'd apologize first and then explain myself.
The starting of this thread was an immediate knee jerk reaction to having a few frustrating experiences with the Lumia camera and then stumbling upon what I thought was an unaltered 4s photo.
The camera on our phones is perplexing to me. In a completely dark room, I can take photos that have very little noise and are relatively clear. Using the same settings in what I would consider a decently lighted situation, there is noise galore.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss