No headphones/mic :-(

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Kinda shocked this is the first phone i have bought that did not come with headphones/mic. My iphone, Focus, Focus S all came with headphones/mic. Looking on the Nokia site, i dont see that there is one. Are there any 3rd party mic/headphones combos that we can use?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just fyi, many mic/button combos will not work with the 900. Actually, that's true of most wp7 devices. I've heard the nokia purity in ear's work. I ordered them from amazon yesterday.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Iphones likely won't work, and all the ones i had for my n900 (like 6 genuine nokia wired headsets) do NOT work right on either of my lumia's. Volume can barely be heard.

Purity ones are cool and all, but i have 4 cars, i like to have a headset in each vehicle, but i'm not buying $400 worth of them.

Any genuine nokia headsets that people know for sure work?

Edit: Brought mine all in the house and tried them again, seems if i put a little pressure on the pin, they do work. Same goes for both phones. But not realistic to mess with them all the time.
Tried a set of ipod headphones (generic without mic) they work fine.

Last edited:

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Does the iPhone headset work on the 900? Just wondering since I am going from an iPhone 4 to a 900 later this week.

no, i dropped my iphone for 900 too and tried just to see. No go. From what i remember, doesnt the iphone mic/headset use a proprietary method?

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my phone at my corporate AT&T store they gave me $100 to use towards accessories. I needed a bluetooth headset so I used it on that, but I think they had some OK headphones that would be usable.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I think headphones with only a mic / single button should work. I'm rocking my old Blackberry headphones and its working fine. My $130 Bose earbuds for iPhone only work as headphones. The mic and no buttons work. Sad face.

harishankarumapathy

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4 headset will NOT work with Nokia Lumia 900. I tried and it did not work. Even my Bose AE2i did not work. Anything that says made for iphone/iPod will probably not work

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My hd7 headphones do not work with the lumia. Same as the above post

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
beats solo hd's will not work either with them i just tried and no one could hear me when using them so cross them off looks like we will have to buy the purity i will give me my beats solo's hd to wife.

peebeeandjay

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried a bunch, no luck so far

I've tried 14 or 15 different pairs of microphone earbuds - just ones that didn't explicitly claim to be targeted at iPhones. So far, they all sounded fine listening to my rocking tunes, but none had any additional functionality - volume or FF/RW. I'm hoping for the Kickstarter project asking for seed money for the magic $40 Lumia full-function earbuds.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried 14 or 15 different pairs of microphone earbuds - just ones that didn't explicitly claim to be targeted at iPhones. So far, they all sounded fine listening to my rocking tunes, but none had any additional functionality - volume or FF/RW. I'm hoping for the Kickstarter project asking for seed money for the magic $40 Lumia full-function earbuds.

that's basically what we are all saying the music part works yes listening just like my beats solo's hd i use them for listening just the other function of answering the phone and even scrolling through the music and volume does not work.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Kinda shocked this is the first phone i have bought that did not come with headphones/mic. My iphone, Focus, Focus S all came with headphones/mic. Looking on the Nokia site, i dont see that there is one. Are there any 3rd party mic/headphones combos that we can use?

I'm guessing the reason a lot of OEMs are not backing in headphones is because so many devices come with headphones now. There's a surplus of headphones.

brotherqwerty

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have tried these:

skullcandy
a-jays
diddybeats
iphone in-ear

None work.

If they sell the purity HD as a nokia accessory for the Lumia the controls better work!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Think it was AT&T's decision not to include em or something, along with using an AT&T branded box. The Lumia 800 came with a lot of stuff, can't understand why Nokia would ship this one out without so much stuff which leads me to believe it was AT&T. Anyways, if you want a pair of cheap, but decent quality headsets, you can use just about any HTC headset. I'm using these Amazon.com: HTC Stereo Headset for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Think it was AT&T's decision not to include em or something, along with using an AT&T branded box. The Lumia 800 came with a lot of stuff, can't understand why Nokia would ship this one out without so much stuff which leads me to believe it was AT&T. Anyways, if you want a pair of cheap, but decent quality headsets, you can use just about any HTC headset. I'm using these Amazon.com: HTC Stereo Headset for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

it probably has a lot to do with selling the phone for $99 on contract.

i have the purity in ear's and they work great, but i wouldn't expect them not to work, being nokia's brand.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with my iPhone-compatible single-button headsets, other than the fact that the button doesn't work with the screen off.

The 3 I've used that have worked:
Etymotic hf2
Phonak PFE-122
Meelec M6P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss