FINALLY!! (Ordered mine through Amazon...)

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, my phone line wasn't eligible for an upgrade until the 7th which means I missed out on the 1cent sale at AT&T. When I checked again right after the sale my line was suddenly available to upgrade (before the 7th.. sniff). Obviously that made me a sad Panda since the sale was over by now. I immediately called AT&T and asked if they would still honor the 1 cent sale price, but there was nothing that could be done.

Checking WPNews this morning I noticed the Amazon sale going on. However, the option to grandfather in my unlimited plan (I'm already on unlimited 4G since I own the HTC Titan) wasn't there so I called AmazonWireless.
A lovely lady named Courtney advised me to call AT&T to find out about keeping my data plan, since there wasn't anything she could do about it on her end.

So, 1 hour on the phone with AT&T later (my issue was handled in the first 3 minutes thanks to an amazing rep and his supervisor, the rest of the time we just chatted about everything, mostly Lumia 900 and WP in general) and my order with AmazonWireless is placed, my phone to arrive on the 11th, 4 days before my birthday.. woot.

Basically, here's what they're going to do. He put a note into my account for Tech Support. On the 17th of this month they will access my account and manually switch it from the 3GB plan I had to choose to place the order back to the unlimited plan I've had for the past few years.

Yay for AT&T.

So, if you're holding off ordering through Amazon because you don't want to lose your data plan, I suggest you call AT&T before you place the order and explain your situation. The rep who spoke with me said that if he could've just price matched, he obviously would have done that but since he wasn't able to his supervisor told him to take care of it via Tech Support.

I also ended up asking him about the data connectivity issue and whether it had something to do with the fact that the IMEI numbers may have been off due to the fact that many where coming from a 3G data plan but needed to manually be switched to the 4G/LTE plan. He agreed that this was indeed one of the issues, the other one being that people weren't using the new sim cards that came with the phone (which are the new 4G/LTE cards), instead they were sim swapping. He suggests that even if you already have a 4G sim card to use the one that comes with the phone instead, this way you shouldn't have any issues at all.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! :D. Although I must say I don't know why so many are insisting to get this on contract. I know it's cheaper initially, but the phone more than pays for itself with the money you'd save on an MVNO plan (like Red Pocket or Jolt) over those 2 years if you buy it off contract.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Because I'm a cheapskate. =D
And my HTC Titan won't go on ebay this time but rather it will be passed down to my 14 year old, who's currently excited at the prospect of upgrading his phone from the Samsung Focus to the HTC Titan.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Nice work, Alvarian, and good advice. Partience and persistence (and lovely Courtney) are your friends. Black or Blue? Enjoy your Lumia and your birthday. ;)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Because I'm a cheapskate. =D
And my HTC Titan won't go on ebay this time but rather it will be passed down to my 14 year old, who's currently excited at the prospect of upgrading his phone from the Samsung Focus to the HTC Titan.

Haha, didn't mean to imply that. If anything, I'm the cheapskate :D. Enjoy using the most beautiful smartphone on the market.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Rodolfo, I went with Cyan. The color is just amazing! And thanks. Getting a Lumia will make turning 39 rather bearable..lol.

hasasimo, no worries. And I agree. It is 'simply beautiful'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte