My Instore Experience...First Day NonEvent

fonephool

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Called my local store about 11am, KC time. The rep. had to put me on hold to check and see if they had them yet. Yes they had them in stock. I had returned my pre-order Saturday because you can only port from a gophone to post-paid in a Corporate store and once they had assigned a new number to my preorder it couldn't be ported to that handset. They didn't have any then and told me to check before I came back in today.

At 11:30 this morning I was the one and only person who had purchased a Lumia from them. They had the phones but no assessories. I was ready to get a case or a screen protector, but guess I'll get them elsewhere.

I didn't see any ads/artwork up in the store. The store manager was carrying one as his phone, but that was about it.

The salesperson said they'll be wearing Nokia Tshirts this Saturday and making more of a deal out of it.

All in all the first day looked like it was going to be fairly calm there. Hope this doesn't fortell the "excitement" for all but us early adopters of Nokia and Windows Phone.

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I just went to the corporate store down the street from me.

The signs in the window are for the iPad. Inside the color scheme is indeed cyan but the posters are not for the Lumia 900. They are just advertising what ATT service provides: messaging, Uverse, LTE, etc.

The only Lumia poster was in one section (next to the iPhones) housing 3 Windows Phones: cyan and black Lumias and the Titan II.

And, to add insult to injury, I took a pic of what was in front of the store LOL

I think it boils down to the store manager. If you have a Do Anything/Everything For The Company manager, you will see what should be seen. If you have a half *** one, well, you'll see what I saw. ;)

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I visited two corporate stores in So.Cal and on both occasions they look down to me for having an inferior product according to them.... I explained how WP never needs to reboot or it doesn't need a task killer, or iTunes blah blah you name it , both stores said that they expect a lot of returns of the 900 because is windows and windows is dead one of the reps even said that he would rather sell me a BlackBerry, WTH is wrong with ATT. I understand that there is an issue with data connectivity, but I'm sure that has more to do with human error.... Anyways today was a mayor disappointment.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow all of you had terrible experience with the Corp store. At my Corp store, every single worker is being a true sales person and complementing how great the Nokia Lumia 900 is and how great the launch was since they sold out of the phones (they only had ~10). My Corp store just put the Lumia 900 on the LCDs that hang from the ceilings. Biggest and most noticeable display was their Beats by Dre system with an HTC vivid powering those speakers and headphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99