I'd love to buy one.. but I can't find one.

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Normally, I'd be happy that the Lumia is sold out. That's good for business! This time, that isn't the case :(

I buy my phones through Best Buy because I like geek squad protection (10 bucks ish depending on your phone/monthly; no deductible; etc).... better deal IMO than AT&T's insurance and BBY has saved my behind a few times.

So I go to the Best Buy in Town Center, Jacksonville, FL, and they tell me " No bestbuy from South Carolina over to Alabama, down to Florida has the Lumia 900 in stock; they never received shipments"

Hmmm. Quite strange. So I drive up the road to the best buy next to the "Avenues Mall". Same story! WTH!

In the Avenues, is a Corporate AT&T Store, a big one, uverse and all that crap is dished out there. It's 8:05 PM eastern. They close at 9 PM.

Me : "Hi do you have the Lumia 900 in stock in either color?"
Rep: "Yes, would you like black or blue?"
Me: "Blue"

So she acts like she's going to activate a new line of service. I tell her, this is an upgrade. Without even asking for my information:

"Oh, I'm sorry sir. We don't process upgrades less than 1 hr before we close"

Me: "What? So, It's 8:05 pm and you have until 9 to upgrade my iPhone to a Lumia, which takes about 5 minutes, and you won't do it? "

"Yes, I'm sorry sir, it's manager policy"

So, I retorted with: "you mean to tell me it's fair, that I'm trying to pay you, to give you money and you won't take it for an upgrade? You get commission! It's like walking in to Macys and being told, I'm sorry, we can't sell you those pants because we close in an hour. In this economy that's not really a good attitude to have"

She apologizes and asks if there's anything else she can help with.

Mega fail in my opinion. We'll see what the ATT Twitter Customer Care team has to say. I've never heard of such a policy. Maybe in a franchise/reseller store, but not corporate. :(

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I also went to my local BB today and they had no Lumias. They also had no signs about the device either.

I agree your experience is an epic fail! Sadly over the last few years this has happened more and more. I would definitely call ATT and report your experience.

0mie

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my over the phone, they said that all allocation from Nokia went to AT&T to start...but they have them available online now.

I got a shipping conformation for 4/11 delivery. They even price matched AT&T retail price, after my Rewards Zone Premier Silver coupons and Gift Cards I only payed $150 out of pocket :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I also went to my local BB today and they had no Lumias. They also had no signs about the device either.

I agree your experience is an epic fail! Sadly over the last few years this has happened more and more. I would definitely call ATT and report your experience.

Best Buy is basically a showroom so I can try things out before I go buy them somewhere else for a better price from a more competent company that has higher customer service standards (which is basically almost anyone else) LOL.

My experience has been that the employees generally know next to nothing about everything they sell and the customer service is atrocious. They also overprice the **** out of simple things like Ethernet patch cables for example.

I go to Best Buy probably once every 3 months or so, but I don't spend a dime there unless I have no other choice. Terrible company IMO. I'd walk a mile away to buy Twizzlers rather than give them the business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss