Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I ordered mine online and when I received it, it was already activated. SIM card was in the phone. Is this normal? I also found a dent on my phone yesterday. And I am sure I never dropped it or had anything hit it.

Global Posts
    1,437 Global Posts
    my phone came with sim installed, but not activated. i called into provision the sim in the phone. They would never activate a sim before you receive, you always have to call in, but the sim was installed already.

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    my phone came with sim installed, but not activated. i called into provision the sim in the phone. They would never activate a sim before you receive, you always have to call in, but the sim was installed already.
    Thanks! So did you get a new number or you ported it in?

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Same number. Had my pre-order delivered to my local AT&T corporate store. Rep opened the box in front of me. Micro-sin was pre-installed. Rep did so typing on his workstation and told me I was all set. My Surround sim was deactivated and my L900 was activated. They already changed my plan from unlimited 3G to unlimited LTE when I pre-ordered.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Nice. I guess that's why mine was activated. I got a new number. It just bugs me that there is a dent already, though not obvious at all. I have to live it for a few days and the dent will be out of my mind. LOL. Love my phone so far.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Did it have a "QA PASSED" sticker on the box". .?

I am trying to see if that sticker has more behind it... I replaced my phone yesterday for a new one as my preordered phone had a problem Witt the back button and the screen was not flush.

No, it didn't.

Can I change my phone because of that little dent?
    Last edited by cloudyhill; 04-10-2012 at 10:54 PM.