Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    3,568 Global Posts
    Last night I was having some problems with friends texting me and they would get delivered as iMessages to my iPhone. I found a recommendation to put the SIM into the iPhone and turn off iMessages; this will essentially remove my phone number from being associated with iMessage. It seems to have worked as everything is coming in as texts now to my Lumia.

Then I put the SIM back in my Lumia. Rebooted to get it to recognize the SIM. It said I had full signal when it started back up. But data would not connect. I put the SIM back in the iPhone and data was working on that. After a few more reboots of the Lumia data eventually started working.

I know some have reported data connection issues. Has anyone else had this happen when swapping the SIM to another phone and back? I am thinking I might go to AT&T at lunch to have them check that everything on my plan is set correctly.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sting2k7 View Post
    Last night I was having some problems with friends texting me and they would get delivered as iMessages to my iPhone. I found a recommendation to put the SIM into the iPhone and turn off iMessages; this will essentially remove my phone number from being associated with iMessage. It seems to have worked as everything is coming in as texts now to my Lumia.

Then I put the SIM back in my Lumia. Rebooted to get it to recognize the SIM. It said I had full signal when it started back up. But data would not connect. I put the SIM back in the iPhone and data was working on that. After a few more reboots of the Lumia data eventually started working.

I know some have reported data connection issues. Has anyone else had this happen when swapping the SIM to another phone and back? I am thinking I might go to AT&T at lunch to have them check that everything on my plan is set correctly.
    This is an ongoing problem for a growing number of Lumia 900 owners. As of now I don't think there is any sure and permanent fix...including phone replacement. I think that replacing a brand new phone with another brand new phone that was modt likely made at the same time and place is just another band aid. You have 30 days to return it for refund. I am going to wait until there is an official response from AT&T or Nokia or until there is a second shipment before returning this phone.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Its actually good to know that you can put the lumia sim into an iphone and vica versa (with some persuasion) as I'm looking to do that as well.

Global Posts
    3,568 Global Posts
    I've been reading about all the connection issues people are having. As I said I was able to get my data back after a few reboots. It was weird though because while data was not working on the Lumia if I put it back in the iPhone data was working fine. The iPhone also does not require a reboot to detect the SIM I found.

@chrise2, it should work. I actually didn't think about it until after I activated the Lumia but just taking the SIM out of my iPhone 4 and putting it into the Lumia.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sting2k7 View Post
    I've been reading about all the connection issues people are having. As I said I was able to get my data back after a few reboots. It was weird though because while data was not working on the Lumia if I put it back in the iPhone data was working fine. The iPhone also does not require a reboot to detect the SIM I found.

@chrise2, it should work. I actually didn't think about it until after I activated the Lumia but just taking the SIM out of my iPhone 4 and putting it into the Lumia.
    did you reboot the lumia after you put the sim back in? I noticed that when removing the sim and putting it back in while on keeps the phone from detecting the sim. I chalked up this behavior to the OS as this also happens on Android ICS but not on iOS.