Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TitanUser

Hello,

Has anyone noticed an off-white tint on their Lumia's? My search fields, websites with white backgrounds, etc all kinda have an 'off white' tint to them.... looks kinda yellowish.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Alex
    DalekSnare likes this.

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    I looked at them and the store and notice that immediately. Try taking the setting off Automatic and change it to high. I'll be it will look great.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I looked at them and the store and notice that immediately. Try taking the setting off Automatic and change it to high. I'll be it will look great.
    Correct, its how AMOLEDs work to conserve power.

Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    Correct, its how AMOLEDs work to conserve power.
    How is this normal to conserve power?

My wife has the same phone (Nokia Lumia 900) and hers is not doing this (same exact settings)

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I just got a 900 and my windows,search and back keys are discolored. They have a yellow/greenish tint to them. Its really bothering me. My 800s looks so much better.

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feedmylittletroll View Post
    I just got a 900 and my windows,search and back keys are discolored. They have a yellow/greenish tint to them. Its really bothering me. My 800s looks so much better.
    Try changing the brightness from auto to manual high and see what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Try changing the brightness from auto to manual high and see what they look like.
    Still the same. Slightly yellow and nothing looks truly white.

The original focus was like this had yellow capacitive buttons too. I don't think those ones have anything to do with the screen brightness.

Global Posts
    3,197 Global Posts
    I've heard of this issue. I was talking with another customer in a local AT&T store today. He said he believes it's from the glue they used making the phone...not sure if I believe that or not.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    I've heard of this issue. I was talking with another customer in a local AT&T store today. He said he believes it's from the glue they used making the phone...not sure if I believe that or not.
    That's what they said when customers complained about how their iPhone's Retina display had a yellow tint to it. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.

Mine is yellow too, I will get it replaced. I hope they are not all like this. I hear nothing but praise for the screen so hopefully it's rare.