Data issue - Nokia paying for your phone!

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a rep at my local ATT corporate store today. I mentioned nothing about this $100 credit. The lady was very helpful, and talked up the Lumia 900. here is what she said.

"You might want to come in and get the phone before the 22nd, because I just saw in our system that we are giving the early adopters a $100 credit on their bills for being the first people to own this phone. The credit will come in 2 months after you purchase the phone."

Unless she was wrong, I think the waiting 2 months will prevent people who return the phone from getting it, because it will be well past the 30 days, and they'll be able to tell you are still using it. Unfortunately, my store sold out their stock on Monday. :mad: BUT...If i go to the store and get it, i also get $100 in free accessories, so that's cool! :D

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Nokia will still credit my bill even if I end up returning it?

I don't know, it "seems" like the credit would be applied after your 30 day trial is up, that way its going to people who are actually sticking with Nokia on this. Its "possible" you could still get it, but it doesn't make any sense at all that you would.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, it "seems" like the credit would be applied after your 30 day trial is up, that way its going to people who are actually sticking with Nokia on this. Its "possible" you could still get it, but it doesn't make any sense at all that you would.

Thanks. Yeah, that sounds logical, although that isn't always what happens with these companies.

mcjama76

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So, anyone knows whether I should buy from Amazon or not???? $449.99 w/ no tax and free 2 day shipping sounds great. But shall I get $100 credit from Nokia? How Nokia will track my purchase and link it AT&T bill?

Tintin
If your service is provided by AT&T, you will get the credit.

Keywords here are SERVICE and AT&T...

So, to recap, you need SERVICE through AT&T.

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I just went to an AT&T store in NYC to ask about when the updated phones would be available for exchange.

I was told (not surprisingly) that "there would be no exchange - its just an over the air update." I told them that I was sure that exchanges were part of the deal if the customer wanted, but didn't press it. I just asked if they knew when the updated phones would be in.

There was a windows rep there, I guess they checked with her, and they said "actually yes the customer can exchange the phone if they choose." Yes, I already knew that :)
The Windows Phone rep said that the OTA update would be available on the 16th, and the actual phones would be in stores "probably the 17th."

Also: they asked me how I liked the phone, and we got into a bit of a conversation about some limitations I had run into coming from IOS. things like rotation lock, importing contacts from iCloud, etc. They wrote down everything I said and said they've been having a lot of meetings about the phone - it's very important to them that it succeed, and they're looking for feedback wherever they can get it.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is awesome! Haven't experienced the data issue...but I haven't been on LTE much. Going to contact AT&T if I don't see the credit by the time my bill is due this month. Should offset the $36 dollar fee to activate my upgraded phone:mad: And the $26 in sales tax I paid even though I got the phone for $50:mad:(thanks Massachusetts!)

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was going for the titan 2 but with this kind of support from Nokia I will sacrifice screen size for customer service. I hope to have the Nokia within the next few days.

But I would also like to know if this is $100 per phone as I plan on getting on my own plan and get 2 Nokia Lumia900‘s

Last edited:

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So, when we get this update next Monday, will it wipe all my content or is it an in place upgrade? As much as I love my phone and don't mind resetting everything back up, it still is a tedious effort nonetheless.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So, when we get this update next Monday, will it wipe all my content or is it an in place upgrade? As much as I love my phone and don't mind resetting everything back up, it still is a tedious effort nonetheless.

Every update in WP7 so far is an in-place update. I don't see them every doing a full reset upgrade unless it is a full version upgrade, and even then I'd expect the nature of Windows to exist and allow us to keep our data.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Nokia press release says "you will be able to update your device with the latest software via Zune...". Doesn't this imply that the update is NOT coming over-the-air? Wouldn't that be kind of a big deal if true?

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
After three days of the phone working without issue I now also have the data issue. I've tried both of the recommended APN fixes and neither worked. Is there even a point to gong to the store and getting a new one tomorrow or will it still be broken? I really don't want to do a factory reset but I will if I need to.

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
After three days of the phone working without issue I now also have the data issue. I've tried both of the recommended APN fixes and neither worked. Is there even a point to gong to the store and getting a new one tomorrow or will it still be broken? I really don't want to do a factory reset but I will if I need to.

Wake up...smell the coffee...Nokia is giving a fix on the 16th and $100 back!!:happy:

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone on Friday after preordering. By Saturday the data started dropping and then it wouldnt do anything. Did a full reset and it started dropping again on Monday. Tuesday I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they sent me to store for a new SIM. ATT store put the SIM in and it still didnt work. So, they gave me a brand new phone. When I got home Tuesday I saw the story break about getting 100 back and that you could have yours replaced now if you wanted. I thought to myself, so glad I went to store and already have a new one. Wednesday morning I woke up...........And the new phone has no data and cant send MMS. REALLY!

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone on Friday after preordering. By Saturday the data started dropping and then it wouldnt do anything. Did a full reset and it started dropping again on Monday. Tuesday I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they sent me to store for a new SIM. ATT store put the SIM in and it still didnt work. So, they gave me a brand new phone. When I got home Tuesday I saw the story break about getting 100 back and that you could have yours replaced now if you wanted. I thought to myself, so glad I went to store and already have a new one. Wednesday morning I woke up...........And the new phone has no data and cant send MMS. REALLY!

Both of your phones are most likely from the same batch.

Everyone just needs to wait until the 16th and be as positive as possible so that this phone takes off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077