Data issue - Nokia paying for your phone!

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Wake up...smell the coffee...Nokia is giving a fix on the 16th and $100 back!!:happy:

I know all about that. But 4 days is a while to wait for the fix considering this is the device I get my work email on. I might try a factory reset since I don't really have any music or unrecoverable data on the phone yet.

Update: So I went ahead and reset to factory settings. So far the data is working and it only took me 20 minutes to get back to where I was before. I don't want to do this a lot but if this holds me over until the 16th then I'll be happy.

Last edited:

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I know all about that. But 4 days is a while to wait for the fix considering this is the device I get my work email on. I might try a factory reset since I don't really have any music or unrecoverable data on the phone yet.

Update: So I went ahead and reset to factory settings. So far the data is working and it only took me 20 minutes to get back to where I was before. I don't want to do this a lot but if this holds me over until the 16th then I'll be happy.

you can get data back temporarily by just reinputting the APN settings. Takes 2 seconds

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to a store rep, and he said he just got an email that the updated phones were shipping today. Thought he may have them by this weekend.

good news. i will probably exchange. I know there's an OTA update, but i bought this phone outright - I'd rather get set up with a phone that never had any issue.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep....the night that Nokia said a fix would be available on the 16th was the night that my data stopped having ANY issues. ...Perhaps the "bug" in my phone was so impressed with Nokia's commitment to the Lumia 900 that it just gave up and left......or it could just be a coincidence. Either way...now my data works.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well this is ODD. For 3 days I didn't have the data issue, then on Tuesday it started. I applied the 'APN' bandaid and have been chugging along since.

About an hour ago the phone just randomly rebooted. Data stopped again. Cleared out the APN info, rebooted, applied it again, rebooted - it failed to work. So I cleared it again, rebooted, and was going to do a factory reset but now the data is working mysteriously again. Weird stuff! Just thought I'd share. Can't wait for the patch. :)

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Nokia Confirms Lumia 900 Software Glitch, Offers Fix and $100 Credit - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Best part:
The company is offering a $100 credit to all customers, regardless of whether they are encountering the problem. The $100 credit is also being offered to any customer who purchases a Lumia 900 before midnight PT April 21, effectively making the device free.
“The customer always comes first and I think we’re showing it here,” Nokia U.S. chief Chris Weber said in an interview.
So no $100 credit for the white because it comes out on the 22th. :(

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
APN band-aid (as someone above described it) still working for HSPA+ and LTE data. However, WiFi is still misbehaving - sometimes I'll be surfing the web on wifi and suddenly a page won't load. I have to turn the WiFi off and back on and it works again.

Hope this is addressed in the update.

invisibleman777

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am confused on the phone update and phone swap with newer version. If I updated my phone to new software, then no phone swap? Is it choose either one to solve the problem? What if I updated my phone and will I STILL be able to swap to newer version of Lumia 900?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs