Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Nokia Confirms Lumia 900 Software Glitch, Offers Fix and $100 Credit - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Best part:
    The company is offering a $100 credit to all customers, regardless of whether they are encountering the problem. The $100 credit is also being offered to any customer who purchases a Lumia 900 before midnight PT April 21, effectively making the device free.
    “The customer always comes first and I think we’re showing it here,” Nokia U.S. chief Chris Weber said in an interview.

Awesome move Nokia!
    This is pretty smart. First, this will turn around the bad situation caused by this issue. Now there will be less returns which is always a hassle and hidden cost. Also, this will attract a huge amount of new sales. A lot of publicity too..Also, this will prove that they are serious about their intent and will build consumer confidence.
    saintforlife likes this.

As per Nokia Conversations, this will be credit on AT&T bill.

For those of you affected by the data issue...your phone is free :)

Nokia Lumia 900 glitch triggers free phone giveaway | Mobile - CNET News
    Thanked by:
    cwmont13 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    Have you guys seen this? Nokia is giving $100 credits to all Lumia 900 owners because of the data connectivity issue.

Anyone applied for this yet? A FREE 900! Not too shabby.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Seems like Nokia is acknowledging the data issue and giving a $100 for the inconvenience. SW update coming on April 16th. I appreciate Nokia taking ownership.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Nice. I wonder if the new firmware update will also fix my WiFi issue as well :|
    this is proof that those who chose the Lumia OVER the Titan made the right choice..already and update in the works!!! amazing
    jd914 and saintforlife like this.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    Have you guys seen this? Nokia is giving $100 credits to all Lumia 900 owners because of the data connectivity issue.

Anyone applied for this yet? A FREE 900! Not too shabby.
    Now THAT is the way to keep a customer...Great Ceasars Ghost Nokia!!.....yep..that is a tad better than a free "bumper"...and it took less than a week for them to look into and acknowledge it.

"The glitch was a result of the way the phone manages memory and is a software issue, Weber said, stressing that it was not a hardware issue or a problem with AT&T's network."

Very good news indeed.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Best part:

The company is offering a $100 credit to all customers, regardless of whether they are encountering the problem. The $100 credit is also being offered to any customer who purchases a Lumia 900 before midnight PT April 21, effectively making the device free.
    “The customer always comes first and I think we’re showing it here,” Nokia U.S. chief Chris Weber said in an interview.
    http://allthingsd.com/20120410/nokia...rs-100-credit/
    Last edited by saintforlife; 04-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.

How do we apply for this rebate? I looked on the Nokia site and didn't see anything.

Wow, guess I will call ATT tomorrow and see if I can get my 100 bucks back.

Also, my phone shows no update is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by diod123 View Post
    How do we apply for this rebate? I looked on the Nokia site and didn't see anything.
    i second this

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarnate326 View Post
    Wow, guess I will call ATT tomorrow and see if I can get my 100 bucks back.

Also, my phone shows no update is available.
    update will come on 4/16
    you either wait for that, or you go into at&t store and swap for an updated phone.
    larrynj likes this.

How do you apply for it?

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Wow, people who bought the phone for $0.01 or $20 or whatever just made a cool $80-100. Sweet!
  17. Los

It's funny cause many people want to deny the phon ehas any issues. Even Nokia knows it does. I know they will fix everything they can

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillJr View Post
    Seems like Nokia is acknowledging the data issue and giving a $100 for the inconvenience. SW update coming on April 16th. I appreciate Nokia taking ownership.

Are they just going to credit everyones account that purchaed one or do you have to have opened a case or called a tech about the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    It's funny cause many people want to deny the phon ehas any issues. Even Nokia knows it does. I know they will fix everything they can
    I hope the update will address camera issues too

And it's not like the old phones will go into the trash can. Nokia will be able to update the firmware, and have basically new, factory refurbed, phones to put back out into the wild again...

Anyway, a huge BRAVO to Nokia!

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    To be honest, I don't have any issues with data.Still I will be getting the $100. I most probably will give it back to Nokia on some accessories.

How did my response to this thread end up on top of this? The timestamp is before the announcement came. I must be having some psychic powers. I apologize, somehow this thread is messed up, and didn't mean to hijack it from the OP.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    This is available for EVERYONE. So if you want to upgrade your phone or are new to ATT you could buy a smartphone with a beautiful design, 8mp camera, WP 7.5, 16 gb memory, free navigation, beautiful screen, and incredible support....for free...
    saintforlife likes this.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Nokia Confirms Lumia 900 Software Glitch, Offers Fix and $100 Credit - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

The customer always comes first and I think were showing it here, Nokia U.S. chief Chris Weber said in an interview.

Weber said the cost of the program depends on how many people purchase Lumia devices through April 21, but said that the expense was not the issue.
    Weber said the company was focused on how do we do something unprecedented for any inconvenience (and) pleasantly surprise the customers.

+A for Nokia (Microsoft!) --- I can rest at peace now that all my posts were not me going insane! <along with the rest of us>
    Gaiking and saintforlife like this.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast