Camera bezel mod

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Since, like the ipod classic, the camera bezel's chrome is scratched so easily, would it be possible to use a brillow pad to brush the metal (like on iPods) I did this to my 5th Gen Video iPod and was very pleased with the results. Would doing this damage the camera lens or scratch the plastic? Maybe taping it off would help?
Here's what I'm talking about, What do you all think? Would it void the warranty?

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Since, like the ipod classic, the camera bezel's chrome is scratched so easily, would it be possible to use a brillow pad to brush the metal (like on iPods) I did this to my 5th Gen Video iPod and was very pleased with the results. Would doing this damage the camera lens or scratch the plastic? Maybe taping it off would help?
Here's what I'm talking about, What do you all think? Would it void the warranty?

[URL=http://www.suplido.com/joel/images/ipod_brushed.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

Maybe that or dremel for the same effect would be great.

Who wants to try to see if it'll work?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't work so long as you were careful about masking off the lens cover (clear part) and also the phone housing.

and since all you're doing is essentially scratching the chrome accent, which will get scratched through normal wear and tear anyways, it shouldn't void any warranty.

FUS3360

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

[URL=http://www.suplido.com/joel/images/ipod_brushed.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]
I did this to my samsung focus and it turned out really nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb