Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adiliyo

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Since, like the ipod classic, the camera bezel's chrome is scratched so easily, would it be possible to use a brillow pad to brush the metal (like on iPods) I did this to my 5th Gen Video iPod and was very pleased with the results. Would doing this damage the camera lens or scratch the plastic? Maybe taping it off would help?
    Here's what I'm talking about, What do you all think? Would it void the warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw17 View Post
    Since, like the ipod classic, the camera bezel's chrome is scratched so easily, would it be possible to use a brillow pad to brush the metal (like on iPods) I did this to my 5th Gen Video iPod and was very pleased with the results. Would doing this damage the camera lens or scratch the plastic? Maybe taping it off would help?
    Here's what I'm talking about, What do you all think? Would it void the warranty?

Click to view quoted image
    Maybe that or dremel for the same effect would be great.

Who wants to try to see if it'll work?

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts
    I don't see why it wouldn't work so long as you were careful about masking off the lens cover (clear part) and also the phone housing.

and since all you're doing is essentially scratching the chrome accent, which will get scratched through normal wear and tear anyways, it shouldn't void any warranty.
    FUS3360 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw17 View Post

Click to view quoted image
    I did this to my samsung focus and it turned out really nice!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FUS3360 View Post
    I did this to my samsung focus and it turned out really nice!
    Oohh! I'd love to see photos! =]