Background Tasks

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just attempted to open an app (one that I had zero intention of having a background task for) that automatically enabled a background task. I was met with a system warning that the phone only allows me to have 9 agents on at a time... Really? I'm pretty sure that limit was significantly higher on my HD7. Has anybody else hit this?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I just attempted to open an app (one that I had zero intention of having a background task for) that automatically enabled a background task. I was met with a system warning that the phone only allows me to have 9 agents on at a time... Really? I'm pretty sure that limit was significantly higher on my HD7. Has anybody else hit this?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Just picked up a Lumia 900, and I am having the same issue. I never ran across a limit on my Samsung Focus. Any way to up this limit or get around this limitation?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Someone first reported this on a Focus S so its probably not a bug but more of a battery saving measure by OEM's.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a Lumia 900, and I am having the same issue. I never ran across a limit on my Samsung Focus. Any way to up this limit or get around this limitation?

If you go to Settings, swipe left so you are in the "applications" tab and choose "background tasks" you should be able to turn on and off some applications that want to run in the background. Try turning off things that you don't need to have running in the background. I've turned off IMDb, Yelp, and Evernote. You may want these, but try turning off things that you don't need running.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
same here. I have a hd7 and never got that message. I get it all the time with my Lumina. By the way are you still with tmobile? I haven't found away to unlock my Lumina

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
same here. I have a hd7 and never got that message. I get it all the time with my Lumina. By the way are you still with tmobile? I haven't found away to unlock my Lumina

You can unlock your Lumina either with the keys or the remote. You can't unlock your LUMIA until the ATT exclusivity period ends. ;)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My Surround and L900 both have a limit of 9 Background Tasks. Shouldn't be a memory issue as each task runs in consecutive order, every 30 minutes, or whatever the app has been set to. For most apps, battery drain is minimal. Still researching, but no more than 1%/hour for 8-9 tasks. No good reason, not to expand the count.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre