Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, Bill.

My current voltage is 3.655 and Current (Discharging) is ~120 mA.

This is with Cellular Data on, WIFI connected. No apps in the background, BT off, Brightness low and vibrate off.
I'm curious, how are you guys are checking voltage and current?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Using the Nokia Diagnostics app that will appear when you dial ##634#
Tried that and ran an "All Tests" which (for me) only showed that I was on battery, no details.

Ok, I just ran the separate test and I'm showing 3.835V and 365mA. I think my microcell is hammering my draw.

Yep, just unplugged it. Whoa, down to 106mA...

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with AT&T complaining and they said according to their notes that on Monday when the software update is realized to is supposed to fix battery issues as well...oh how I don't believe them

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with AT&T complaining and they said according to their notes that on Monday when the software update is realized to is supposed to fix battery issues as well...oh how I don't believe them

Well I'll be on a trip next week. So we'll give it a chance next week with that update and if it still dies, going to have to exchange it for a Titan or something else.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, Bill.

My current voltage is 3.655 and Current (Discharging) is ~120 mA.

This is with Cellular Data on, WIFI connected. No apps in the background, BT off, Brightness low and vibrate off.

With similiar settings, I am getting really good battery life. My battery drain shows anywhere between ~100-120 mA. I set my brightness setting to Automatic. XBox updates off, Bluetooth on. I think if you are away from your known WiFi it will keep searching and drain battery. When I step out of my known WiFi spots (home, office etc.) I switch off Wifi.

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
With similiar settings, I am getting really good battery life. My battery drain shows anywhere between ~100-120 mA. I set my brightness setting to Automatic. XBox updates off, Bluetooth on. I think if you are away from your known WiFi it will keep searching and drain battery. When I step out of my known WiFi spots (home, office etc.) I switch off Wifi.

I was home all day today and my battery was drained within 8 hours with very light use. I did have Wifi on though. Going to test if battery life is any better on a full-charge with Wifi off.

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
my battery is amazing. but i dont have data, even on the replacement phone it is DOA. so for a phone with an ipod built in, its amazing.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So I am doing a test now. I completely factor reset my phone last night and drained the battery until it shut off and then did a full charge to calibrate the battery.

I have BT on, WiFi off, Screen set to 30 sec. timeout, Medium brightness, 2 emails on push, and 2 live tile apps running in the background (WeatherMaster and PlusPoints).

I took the phone off the charger at 7:30am this morning. It is almost 9:00am for me so roughly in 1 1/2 hours on pretty much no use I am down to 94%.

I will keep you all updated.

kicknik

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I am finding battery life to be the best I've ever had. Get about 20 hours with moderate to heavy use under lte with auto brightness on.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

earle36

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So I haven't used my phone at all since my last update an hour ago and dropped to 89%... that's 5% in a hour for no use...
tweetwp7 - I have pretty much the exact same set up on my new Lumia 900. 2 push email accounts, BT on, two livetile apps on with background tasks, WIFI off, screen brightness @ medium. Also I dont have LTE in my area yet.

I unplug at around 9:30 am, and by 11:30 my battery is down to 94%. I unlocked it twice to check email and then locked it again.

I used to have a Samsung Focus, with the exact same setup, and I could easily go until 3 or 4 pm until I hit the ~90% battery range - with much more usage on my part. I'm not even using my phone and the battery seems to be draining faster....

Something seems wrong....

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Something seems wrong with mine as well. Not getting nearly the battery life I did on my Lumia 800.

I wonder if the April 16th update will fix battery issues as well.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T rep I spoke to said in his notes the Monday update is "supposed" to fix battery issues as well. I don't know how much I trust that.

@Earle36 Also I don't have LTE in my area so I am running HSPA+.

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
After I run the nokia diagnosis, what should I see? My voltage us 3.883 V and 115 mA. I have no clue if these are good numbers or bad. Is there a chart or something I can compare these to?
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)